SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

New 2015 Spark 3UP HO - which mods first?

10K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  01shaun 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2015 Spark 3UP 90 with iBR that I bought with 9 hours on it.

Just purchased a level 2 wrap for $200+ and I wish I would have waited and got some other upgrades for it! :crying: I am putting the Hydroturf on hold because I feel I will enjoy some other mods first.

I am looking to increase acceleration and top speed.
I love making the Spark "bronco" up out of the water by punching the throttle.

Right now I am getting 48mph. I haven't checked the wear ring or impeller yet for any imperfections from the previous owner.

I have read a bit about the VTS, Impeller, and Wear Ring upgrades.
Can anyone give some insight on which ones I should do first or any other upgrades?
I don't think I am looking to do anything more extreme than those upgrades I just listed but I am all open ears.

Any feedback or recommendations is greatly appreciated.

I read that adding the VTS takes the Spark to a whole new level of fun as far as jumping up out the water, is this true?
I also read that the Solas impeller will only add 1-2mph and not a big difference?

I was looking at the Rivas or Stainless steel wear rings and the Solas impeller or the Skat.

Thanks in advanced.

See less See more
#2 ·
VTS for me added 4 mph when you find the perfect trim and perfect conditions. But worse case adds 2 mph. But the real fun is the handling difference. With the trim maxed out you can tail slide the spark effortlessly and launches are instant. I have added every accessory you can buy from seadoo and the one I'm most happy with is the VTS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Don't wait on doing hydroturf! I rode mine a few months before I added it, and looking back I wonder why I waited so long. If you ride barefoot, its more comfortable and gives you much more grip. The hard plastic on the Spark isn't the best on your knees when trying to climb back on board in deep water either. You'll appreciate the other mods you do more when you can be confident on not slipping off while jumping around. Oh and it'll also keep the black plastic on the back from burning your hand off on the hot summer days in the sun.

#4 ·
Unfortunately, right now there is nothing you can do to increase mph. The 90hp engine doesn't have any upgrades worth the money. VTS does not increase mph but does make riding it more fun. Max I can get out of my ski is 51mph. I agree with Gator, do the pads. I suggest looking up a member Sparkmats. Have them on my ski and love them. The Solas prop and wear ring will add more torque but not top end. Rode with a member here that had it done and he took me out of the whole and once we both reached 50 neither of us could gain or pull away from each other. So if your looking for more torque...prop. Vts is also good for fun and just plugs right in, Get the mats and let me know when you want to go out lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.