New Spark Owner from Ontario, Canada - Sea-Doo Spark Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Default New Spark Owner from Ontario, Canada

Sold my boat in the spring and was missing my time on the water. I picked up a pair of 2018 Spark base model 2ups a couple days ago.
So far so good. Me and my wife have had them out a couple times now. Great fun.....can't wait until the break in period is over.
It's almost like having the thrill of a motorcycle again with less odds of killing myself!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipervitch View Post
Sold my boat in the spring and was missing my time on the water. I picked up a pair of 2018 Spark base model 2ups a couple days ago.
So far so good. Me and my wife have had them out a couple times now. Great fun.....can't wait until the break in period is over.
It's almost like having the thrill of a motorcycle again with less odds of killing myself!!!
Congrats from a new owner also. I didn't know there was a break-in period. Dealer never said nothing. I just read that there's a 5 hour recommended 3/4 throttle. interesting. Mine got rode just how I plan to ride it each time. I would have maybe taken it easier had I known.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

My dealer didn't mention the break in period either. I just saw it when I was looking through the manual. I can't imagine it's a huge deal to stick to the break in recommendations. Congrats on your new machine!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 10:15 AM

biggest thing to me is to vary RPMs often, accelerate and decelerate often don't hang in the same RPM long. First hour I wouldn't go more than 3/4 throttle, after that I would do short burst of full throttle for a few seconds then let off and vary speed and RPM often and greatly.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
biggest thing to me is to vary RPMs often, accelerate and decelerate often don't hang in the same RPM long. First hour I wouldn't go more than 3/4 throttle, after that I would do short burst of full throttle for a few seconds then let off and vary speed and RPM often and greatly.
I took it easy on it for maybe the 1st hour but that still included short WOT bursts. That's how I've done all my snowmobiles over the years but I only run 2 stroke snowmobiles. I definitely vary the throttle A LOT Hopefully I didn't over do it too soon. It was at the 4h 30m zone when I quit for the weekend.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
I took it easy on it for maybe the 1st hour but that still included short WOT bursts. That's how I've done all my snowmobiles over the years but I only run 2 stroke snowmobiles. I definitely vary the throttle A LOT Hopefully I didn't over do it too soon. It was at the 4h 30m zone when I quit for the weekend.
There are a lot if different philosophies on break in, I don't think there is a 100% right way to do it. Varying RPM and short bursts of WOT should be just fine I just didn't do any WOT until after the first hour.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipervitch View Post
Hope to see you on Simcoe!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:

Congrats, I think you really, miss that's time. Enjoy it so much with your wife.
Thanks for once again.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page