New From Maryland - Sea-Doo Spark Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Default New From Maryland

Well, technically WV, but keeping the spark at our place in MD.

After a fiasco with my MIL buying us an older gtx, riding it just long enough for my wife to get hooked, and then crapping out....we ended up running out last Thursday to buy a new spark. Got the 900 h.o. ibr 3up. Got a pretty good deal on a 2018. We put it in the water Friday, and did the oh so boring break in, then ran it quite a bit until yesterday. I think we ended the weekend with about 19 hours.

The wife and I ran it across the Chesapeake and back, a round trip of roughly 60 miles, through some 1-2ft seas, and it seemed to do pretty well considering how light it is. Hopefully we can continue weekends like this through September and for years to come.

Few questions:

At low tide there is quite a bit of exposed grass from our bulkhead to about 50 yards beyond our pier. we've been walking it out beyond the grass, then taking off. But would it be too detrimental to ride it to where it is clear, hop off, clear the grass, then go? The reason I ask, is I'm tall enough to walk it all the way out, but my wife isn't.

second, we run it in salt water, so we have to wash and flush each day. Is there any good way to keep the water off the footwells? Our lift sits with just enough tilt to drain a bilge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon256 View Post
. . . At low tide there is quite a bit of exposed grass from our bulkhead to about 50 yards beyond our pier. we've been walking it out beyond the grass, then taking off. But would it be too detrimental to ride it to where it is clear, hop off, clear the grass, then go? The reason I ask, is I'm tall enough to walk it all the way out, but my wife isn't. . . .
Welcome and congratulations! (that is the model I am waiting to see the 2019 TRixx version of).

I wouldn’t ride it anywhere that wasn’t clear but, that’s just me (and based on having to deal with things getting sucked up into my impeller where it was “clear” (at least as far as one could see from above the water surface :-/

Are you referring to rainwater, etc. collecting in the footwells? If not and you’re only referrring to salt water from riding, we often use a small sweep broom to clear the excess water from our footwells but, we ride only in fresh water. (If we rode in salt water I’d sweep the excess out of the footwells and flush the footwells with a mix of fresh water and SaltAway: http://www.saltawayproducts.com

Happy wakin’!!!

“Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW and what you want MOST.” - Annon

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page