On board items for safety and repair. - Page 2 - Sea-Doo Spark Forum

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank View Post
TERRIFIC thread, Thanks!

Wizzer, 3 question: are the two (2) 6” extensions so you’re not trying to fit a 12” inside the storage compartment (or, are two (2) 6” extensions necessary)?

REASON I ask is, I live on the lake where we’ll always be riding and, when it eventually arrives, we will keeping our Spark TRUXX on a HydroHoist Extreme port, attached to our floating dock so, I’ll likely keep the kit in a locker on the dock, once I finish assembling the kit (which leads to my 2nd and 3rd questions :-)

2nd question being: Can you advise where your ordering your parts from (rings, seals, any SeaDoo specific washers, nuts bolts, etc.)

3rd question (THIS IS FOR ANYONE in addition to wizzer(d) ;-) HAS ANYONE FOUND A TORQUE WRENCH YOU CAN REALLY RECOMMEND (accuracy, durability, etc.) and WHERE DO YOU GET YOURS FROM? (I’m kind of in “paralysis by analysis” mode, due to so many wrenches having 7% to 20% 1-star and negative (cautionary) reviews ...

Thanks Again (and In Advance)!

Honestly if you ask me the best torque wrenches are the analog wrenches. Old school. My dad has one who knows how old and still works just perfect
I am also curious if you change the bolts out wizzer. Someone else recently did the job and said they needed grease and new bolts.

Last edited by Greenhornet2; 08-09-2018 at 01:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

The extensions are one wobble 6" long and one straight . Its so the two can fit in the waterproof box. Since the tools are pretty much going to be exposed to water I use el cheapo harbor freight stuff so I dont care it it rusts up or gets lost in the lake. The $9 harbor freight click type torque wrenches do actually work . Jet ski international has the newest wear rings for just over $50.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

It seems my original pics might be gone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180811_102210644.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	230.4 KB
ID:	9466   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180811_094517397.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	9468  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 08:22 AM

Hey, thanks wizzer and GreenHornet! I didn’t want to bug you about the pics disappearing from your 1st post so, now that I see them, really glad you noticed and replaced them! Thanks also for the online $ouce (hunting down availability let alone decent prices is often the worst part of maintenance, for me). Also, old style analog torque wrench it’ll be!

“Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW and what you want MOST.” - Annon
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzer View Post
... I keep a spare set of nuts and bolts in the kit just in case .
Hey wizzer (or ANYone!) WHERE CAN I OBTAIN the exact same dimension nuts and bolts, so I can have spares on-hand? I've had ZERO luck trying to go through BRP, online … (our lake is relatively a small one; and, the flip side of the convenience of being able to do basic repairs or maintenance on our floating dock is the reality that, if anything is dropped (tool or a bolt) it is 17' underwater in the blink of an eye!

Anyone know where I can obtain a list of the nut and bolt diameters, thread sizes, lengths, etc. one comes across dissecting ibr / vts, the pump, etc. in accessing the wear ring? (I hate to have to wait til winter to pull everything out and simply hand carry one of each nut and bolt somewhere they have an assortment of stainless steel fasteners, in order to match each up and buy spares …)

wizzer, I hope you do not mind but, I am posting your list for some fellow Spark enthusiasts over on GH.com (giving you all credit, of course)

Keep … this … thread … alive!

“Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW and what you want MOST.” - Annon
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

OK I did the leg work on these
The steering bolt is an M6 x 35mm part number 207063560
Steering brass nyloc nut M6 232561200
3 pump bolts stainless M8 x 30mm 207383060
reverse arm bolt stainless M8 x 40mm 207084060
reverse arm nut brass nyloc M8 232581200

A real hardware store should have the nuts and bolts in stainless the thread pitch is m8 x 1.25 for the big bolt and 6 x 1.00 for the small bolts. $20 should get you a lifetime supply .
Get a bunch of stainless washers of those sizes .
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 06:30 PM

Holey kow, wizzed, you ... are ... de ... MAN!!!!!

LOL, I actually rec’d notice of your extraordinary post while in the “Fasteners” aisle in a local Home Depot so, now, I can assert: Home Depot is NOT a “real hardware store.” (Big box yes; stainless let alone metric hardware, meh.)

That’s okay, you have given me the motivation to hunt these fasteners DOWN!

If you EVER get over near Hickory, NC, just give me some advance notice cuz, your beverages of choice (and boolits if you needs ‘em) are ON ME!!!!!

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

LOL I dont get out east much but I will take you up on the offer if I do. Menards and ACE hardware have a great selection of stainless bolts. Other wise amazon can have everything usually next day to your door. It would be nice to find stainless steel tools but the cheap harbor freight crap is just fine. This year has been nasty with all the flooding and Ive already had to pull one pump off and change a wear ring on the lake du to the stick floating in the water.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page