How Much Did You Pay & Where? In Miami $9,500 Out The Door. Eck - Sea-Doo Spark Forum
 16Likes

post #1 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Default How Much Did You Pay & Where? In Miami $9,500 Out The Door. Eck

As of 5/31/14 I am now a proud owner of a seadoo spark 3up loaded, yellow, or I guess they call it ď pineapple ď . I did not need it loaded but it was the very last one they had and all the other dealers in Miami are sold out until November when next year's model comes out. After test driving the 2up and 3 up at a Seadoo test drive event I knew right away I wanted the 3up. The 2up felt unstable, like I would tip over and very hard to maneuver. The 3up felt just right. Holy sticker shock at the final price with all the (for the most part unexpected charges added on) Including: Sales tax on the wave runner itself, 2% tax on my total for using a credit card, Assembly Fee, Handling Fee, Shipping Fee, Inspection Fee, Registration Fee, Registration Filing Surcharge. It basically added on about $1,000 more than expected. I walked out the door paying about $9,500 when I was expecting to walk out of their paying about $7,500. I was not too happy they charged charged $500 assembly when they said it was fully uploaded because it came assembled but they said something about having to further assemble it. Eck. I also had to pay $130 for the flush kit with install. I planned on doing it myself but they said the install is easy to do yourself if there is no IBR but if there is you have to take a lot apart. Doh! They said after 10 hrs of breaking it in there is a mandatory servicing to keep the warranty valid. $200 there and $150 to pick up and then drop it back off at the marina. (I don't have a car or trailer) I said just put it all together and I'll pay for it now so ya like $9.5k I should have taken a xanax before I went. I couldn't talk him down because there were 4 people waiting for me to not say " I'll take it " last night my dealer said 5 want it including you and who ever gets here first tomorrow gets it. I was first in line and as soon as I said I'll take it the others left. So he wasn't sh**ting me about that. He said he was sorry he couldn't come down on the price at all due to the high demand. So I grit my teeth and handed him my credit card who was giving me the finger on it's way over. Delivery Tuesday to my marina spot which took forever to get. On a positively note. . They already spray fluid film in for you and at the 10 hr servicing they open the whole thing up and fluid film it all so that's good and I ordered fluid film for nothing . Oh well. Iím excited, I have 2 life jackets, my emergency paddle, registration sticker numbers bought, fluid film, salt away and cover for it all purchased or ordered and Iím excited. Luckily after the first mandatory servicing it mainly just needs an oil change after every 50 hours which I can do myself. So thatís my purchasing story. Iím posting it for potential spark buyers in other threads so if you see it more than once, sorry about that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 08:56 AM

Just paid $8250 out the door for 3 up H.O, IBR, Convenience Package. That included tax, reg and all fees.
post #3 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 09:34 AM

I paid 9k otd 3 up convienince package. Fee and new trailer. NO ibr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

wow so these prices around the country are varying quite a bit. Suby2.4i you got the " holy **** I paid more than expected prob partly due to living in an expensive city " deal too huh?

post #5 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 10:09 AM

Anyone have luck trying to negotiate price down? I know some haven't

post #6 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

zero luck. my guy said he couldn't come down on the price on anything due to the demand and lack of enough 2014's manufactured. there were 4 people in line to get the Spark I got waiting for me to not sign the paperwork and say hmmm ill think about it. lol no luck for them :P seaking, not only can you not talk the price down, you are looking at about $1,000 to $2,000 more in dealer fees where they as slipping in this and that just to JACK the price. The way I see it is you are paying more than you want now if you can get a 2014 or you are paying more than you want when the price goes up in Nov when the 2015 models come out. They better make enough models so ALL the states and dealers can get them and they are not all sold out to people who have warm weather year round before the summer even starts. ive talked to people all over who's dealerships couldnt get more than like 2 for the year.

post #7 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 08:05 PM
psy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightbangin View Post
zero luck. my guy said he couldn't come down on the price on anything due to the demand and lack of enough 2014's manufactured. there were 4 people in line to get the Spark I got waiting for me to not sign the paperwork and say hmmm ill think about it. lol no luck for them :P seaking, not only can you not talk the price down, you are looking at about $1,000 to $2,000 more in dealer fees where they as slipping in this and that just to JACK the price. The way I see it is you are paying more than you want now if you can get a 2014 or you are paying more than you want when the price goes up in Nov when the 2015 models come out. They better make enough models so ALL the states and dealers can get them and they are not all sold out to people who have warm weather year round before the summer even starts. ive talked to people all over who's dealerships couldnt get more than like 2 for the year.
I called literally 50 dealerships last month. Miami is retarded and the biggest rip off. Your best bet is Greater Motorports in Tequesta or Route 1 Motorports in Melbourne.

I paid $15500 out the door for two 3UP IBR w/ Convenience Packages.
VS Jeff likes this.
post #8 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 08:18 PM

We paid 17,100 for two 3up with IBR, boarding step, mats in foot wells, convience package and trailer out the door.

We feel like we got a fair deal.

Those that will, Do
Those that do not, probably never will.
post #9 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 08:41 PM

Payed 7250 for mine 2up vanilla 60hp, convenience package(reverse, front storage, and rear step), flush kit, com fab trailer, spark cover, and sea-doo life vest..

$12 to put the tag on the trailer and $25 to register
In middle ga

Last edited by Xtreme-Spark; 06-10-2014 at 09:13 PM.
post #10 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 09:13 PM

I paid 15,000 for a plain 60 and a plain 90 2up with a nice aluminum trailer.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page