Question About Battery Terminals - Sea-Doo Spark Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By rew2424

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Default Question About Battery Terminals

Just picked up my Spark from the dealer and it started up fine the first ride and then we were having trouble starting it after that. I popped the side cover off and checked the terminals and the positive terminal just lifted right up with the screw in it.

When I put the screw in the terminal it is just loose. Is there supposed to be some nut or something that the screw turns into?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 04:22 AM

Yes....there is suppose to be a Square Nut that slips inside the terminal for the screw to tighten up on....should have one on the negative side as well....you might want to remove the top to check inside the hull for the nut...it could have came loose and fell off.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 01:49 PM
DWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rew2424 View Post
Yes....there is suppose to be a Square Nut that slips inside the terminal for the screw to tighten up on....should have one on the negative side as well....you might want to remove the top to check inside the hull for the nut...it could have came loose and fell off.

That nut is nothing special and doesn't warrant the work required to lift the top off. Go buy another nut.

Dave

Blueberry 2up iBR 900 HO
Yellow 2up iBR 900 HO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 07:00 PM

DWA.....I totally agree with you...but...as with MY luck (if it were my ski) that stupid Nut would bounce around all over the inside of my hull as I flip my ski over ALOT and it'd make its way into the AIR Intake and possibly damage my engine...so for me, the top would come off to find that stupid little nut....plus it only take 10 minutes to remove the top and then 10 minutes to install back on.
spark-orion likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 09:22 PM

A dab of silicone under the nut will keep it from falling out when the screw is removed and installed. For the life of me I never understood why they dont have a captive nut system in all powersports batteries.
There is a spark supressor screen inside the intake thats work like a "rock catcher" of sorts that will keep damaging things from going into the intake manifold.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 09:51 AM

Default Where did you end up finding it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rew2424 View Post
DWA.....I totally agree with you...but...as with MY luck (if it were my ski) that stupid Nut would bounce around all over the inside of my hull as I flip my ski over ALOT and it'd make its way into the AIR Intake and possibly damage my engine...so for me, the top would come off to find that stupid little nut....plus it only take 10 minutes to remove the top and then 10 minutes to install back on.
Hi Rew2424,

I just went through the same thing not realising there was a nut in the terminal - can you tell me where you ended up finding it once the top was off?
Figured I'd try to stick my hand in first before removing the top (but so far have not been able to feel it at the bottom of the hull or around the battery post).

Cheers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page