(Thread Starter)
Default You saw it here first .. the submarine spark

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 09:59 AM

how....
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Add water ballast in the footwells and then lean forward under very gentle throttle . The water seems to fill up the storage box giving just enough to the front to drop it in. Once the bow get into the water it just helps even more . By the way I guess it shoots a water spout since the tail is now coming out of the water a little.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 05:27 PM

Do you have a bilge pump? Did any water get on the hull

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

The bilge didnt run after this . I think I need to just a tad deeper to get to the air intakes. On my old polaris I could go right down over the bars so just my head was out of the water but just for maybe 15 to 20 feet as any longer and it would sink . Id have to drive it for 5 minutes for the auto siphon to get the water out. I dont think Ill be able to go far with the spark but Ill try next time. We were done for the day and the fuel load was low so it should be easier with a full tank.

Last edited by wizzer; 07-09-2018 at 09:24 PM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzer View Post
The bilge didnt run after this . I think I need to just a tad deeper to get to the air intakes. On my old polaris I could go right down over the bars so just my head was out of the water but just for maybe 15 to 20 feet as any longer and it would sink . Id have to drive it for 5 minutes for the auto siphon to get the water out. I dont think Ill be able to go far with the spark but Ill try next time. We were done for the day and the fuel load was low so it should be easier with a full tank.
you know, I never looked to see where the intake was, is it on top of the little nose cone in front of the handle bars?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 01:58 PM

I don't know where the intake is

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 09:21 PM

Nice wizzer...I gotta try this! I already fill my footwells for fun in no wake zones. I used to totally nose my X2 back in the day (sitting on the engine cover facing back) and it would head down like it was headed to China! Very cool fountains!

delirious...intake is on the backside of the two runners in the front mainstays or struts...or what ever you call the two parts coming up to the controls.

Marshall
17 Spark Trixx
Mods...110 tune, 12/15 Skat Trak
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Id say if your instrument cluster display is under water then the intakes would be sucking it in so you would have a limited amount of time before you sink it. I dont think I got that deep yet or its even possible as the spark is just way to bouyant. My polaris sl750 was such a tank with a full tank of fuel right in the nose you could drive it right to the bottom of the lake if you wanted. Very sketchy.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Ok so yesterday I pushed the submarine trick to the limit. Using throttle control and the manual trim up lever on the bar I was able to find a balance point where I could keep the nose under just below the top of the storage hood. At that point I went about a quarter mile with no water getting in. Then I went no trim and let it dig in deep to where the intake snorkels were under and the bars were just about under. I made it about 40 feet till to much water was flowing in and the front got to heavy. Full up trim could not recover so she rolled over into a perfect forward flip. The bilge had to run for about 5 minutes before I could reboard. So as long as you keep the colored nose piece from going completely under you can sub it pretty much forever. I had a bunch of people on shore asking me if it was sinking but then were surprised when I went from nose down to full tail stand.
Like all the other tricks I do I would not recommend anyone do this who is not fully knowledgable and skilled in the handling of their machines and would not attempt this without a bilge pump and and least the stock vts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page