Check Engine Warning Flashed - Sea-Doo Spark Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Default Check Engine Warning Flashed

Hey everyone. Had a weird instance 2 times yesterday where "Check Engine" read across the LCD panel. No check engine icon, just a quick flash. It also beeped. Didnt notice anything wrong. I have about 39 hours. Anyone experienced this? Could it be maintenance or a minor engine fault? Appreciate the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 03:50 PM

I had it once. The battery cables were a little loose. A few others on here have had loose battery cables as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 04:17 PM

Default Beeps when Cold

Was it your first cold start of the day?

I get a Beep when I first start up from dead cold (60-70degrees ) when I go above 40mph and hit any small waves.

It will do this even if I go slow for 5mins and slowly work up to speed.
Beep with check engine message that immediately goes away when I slow back down.
It stops doing it after I have warmed it up and then left it off for 10min. Won't do it the rest of the day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 05:53 PM

Might be worth putting some locktite in the threads for the screws that help to hold it down so any vibration doesn't slowly loosen them.

Then again you can create your own 'inspection list' to run through on a consistent schedule insuring this is one of the things being looked at.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaydizzle84 View Post
Hey everyone. Had a weird instance 2 times yesterday where "Check Engine" read across the LCD panel. No check engine icon, just a quick flash. It also beeped. Didnt notice anything wrong. I have about 39 hours. Anyone experienced this? Could it be maintenance or a minor engine fault? Appreciate the help.
if it was a maintenance reminder it would have said maintenance required, I would have it scanned sometime to see what it was and have it cleared and if it comes back again then maybe you will see a pattern for a possible faulty sensor or something, if it ran normal when the check engine light was coming on then it is likely nothing major but not something to ignore
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seca turbo View Post
Was it your first cold start of the day?

I get a Beep when I first start up from dead cold (60-70degrees ) when I go above 40mph and hit any small waves.

It will do this even if I go slow for 5mins and slowly work up to speed.
Beep with check engine message that immediately goes away when I slow back down.
It stops doing it after I have warmed it up and then left it off for 10min. Won't do it the rest of the day.
Probably the fuel sensor, mine does that sometimes, or goes off with half a tank in wakes. New one is on order.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 01:54 PM

Sburk Thank you But, It is always full of fuel and I do get check engine message and Icon very breifly
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seca turbo View Post
Sburk Thank you But, It is always full of fuel and I do get check engine message and Icon very breifly

Not the fuel sensor then. Check the battery connections, and if tight, take it to the dealer and have them run the codes.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 05:56 PM

Even checking other connections that lead to the battery might be worth checking although it could get quite time consuming.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Thanks everyone for the tips. I did find once i was able to finally check that the battery connections seemed to have loosened up. Gonna ride this weekend and see if the warning comes back on again. Appreciate the help

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page