Sea Doo Trixx- My experience-review - Sea-Doo Spark Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Default Sea Doo Trixx- My experience-review

Since the mid 80’s I was riding rebuilt 550 stand-ups with no interest in sit downs until I tried a neighbors Spark 18 months ago. I loved how unstable it was and how different it felt then the other sit downs I had tried. I bought a 3 up Spark in June of last year…loved how I could spin and throw it around. I was holding out hope for a 60+mph spark then BRP comes out with the Trixx…perfect exactly what I want. Gave the the 3up to my nephew and I bought a Trixx in Feb.

Just got my 5 hour break in out of the way. My thoughts on the Trixx…..wow! This ski is nuts…I have the bruises to show it. That extended VTS makes all the difference…ski just wants to jump out of the water…..nice job BRP! I was doing Broncos on boat wakes for god sake.

My main concern .... STEERING SET UP…I have my doubts this is going to hold up. Twice in a 3 hour period mine slammed down from the high point….yea not good. Both times I went flying from not expecting it. I thought I don’t want to deal with that again the rest of the trip so I kept handlebars on the lower setting and what do you know it pulled up on me when I hit a wave. Keep in mind it does does happen every time I can be out there for 70 minutes no problems then problem shows up!. I am going to try to tighten the screw that is attached to the latch to see if it fixes issue if not will take to the dealer.

Second there is slop forward and backward on steering column currently. Machine has 9 hours minus 5 for break in.Since I put about 120 hours on my skis a year I can only imagine this isn’t going to get better. Lets see what happens.

Make no make mistake I love this ski and would highly recommend it…nice job BRP! Funniest day I have had on a new ski since Christmas 94 when I got new 550! That’s not easy to say.

Love the ski...ask away!!!

UPDATE:
Pulled it out took it to dealer..they tightened the screw (could of done myself LOL)..didn't have problems with handle bars moving up and down today after that. He stated he thought the forward and backward movement at the column was normal. Maybe I am being too picky, told me to keep an eye on it.

Took the ski out for second time after break in....very impressed! This is an amazing ski!

Last edited by Gibbs828791; 04-30-2017 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Went to Dealer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 10:06 AM

Default 14 hours in

Still getting used to the new Trixx. I have had the same problem with the steering slide not staying locked. I will look at it closer to find the nut you said they tightened on yours. Definitely makes you nearly wipe out when it unexpectedly slides up or down. At a little over 6' tall, I really need the bars extended upward most of the time. But when I hop it, the handlebars slip and slam all the way down unexpectedly.

I have not found any other issues besides the handle bar slipping.

One feature I really enjoy is the quick-tap on the trim adjustment. Two quick taps on the VTS controller moves it back and forth from full up trim to neutral trim. It works great and allows you to quickly switch from doing tail stands to getting the heck out of Dodge. The brakes are also very cool. My past with Yamaha's, I'm not used to a brake like that yet, but I can see how that will enable better tricks as I get more used to it.

My family is having a ball with this ski. It has been pretty choppy so far this season, so we have also been running the bigger Yamaha skis a good bit, but the Spark by far is getting used the most.

I have been enjoying the gas mileage as well. So much better burn rate than a Yamaha FXHO.

Loving my new Trixx!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbs828791 View Post
Since the mid 80’s I was riding rebuilt 550 stand-ups with no interest in sit downs until I tried a neighbors Spark 18 months ago. I loved how unstable it was and how different it felt then the other sit downs I had tried. I bought a 3 up Spark in June of last year…loved how I could spin and throw it around. I was holding out hope for a 60+mph spark then BRP comes out with the Trixx…perfect exactly what I want. Gave the the 3up to my nephew and I bought a Trixx in Feb.

Just got my 5 hour break in out of the way. My thoughts on the Trixx…..wow! This ski is nuts…I have the bruises to show it. That extended VTS makes all the difference…ski just wants to jump out of the water…..nice job BRP! I was doing Broncos on boat wakes for god sake.

My main concern .... STEERING SET UP…I have my doubts this is going to hold up. Twice in a 3 hour period mine slammed down from the high point….yea not good. Both times I went flying from not expecting it. I thought I don’t want to deal with that again the rest of the trip so I kept handlebars on the lower setting and what do you know it pulled up on me when I hit a wave. Keep in mind it does does happen every time I can be out there for 70 minutes no problems then problem shows up!. I am going to try to tighten the screw that is attached to the latch to see if it fixes issue if not will take to the dealer.

Second there is slop forward and backward on steering column currently. Machine has 9 hours minus 5 for break in.Since I put about 120 hours on my skis a year I can only imagine this isn’t going to get better. Lets see what happens.

Make no make mistake I love this ski and would highly recommend it…nice job BRP! Funniest day I have had on a new ski since Christmas 94 when I got new 550! That’s not easy to say.

Love the ski...ask away!!!

UPDATE:
Pulled it out took it to dealer..they tightened the screw (could of done myself LOL)..didn't have problems with handle bars moving up and down today after that. He stated he thought the forward and backward movement at the column was normal. Maybe I am being too picky, told me to keep an eye on it.

Took the ski out for second time after break in....very impressed! This is an amazing ski!
Same here. My Trixx has almost 10 hours and I also have the forward and backward movement on the steering :\ the dealer also told me that it's normal and other seadoos are even worst.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Sorry Double Post

Last edited by Gibbs828791; 05-05-2017 at 07:50 PM.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geok View Post
Same here. My Trixx has almost 10 hours and I also have the forward and backward movement on the steering :\ the dealer also told me that it's normal and other seadoos are even worst.
Look I love the ski....BRP hit out of the ball park! Who builds a niche ski now days...BRP did it. **** thing is fun. Looking at buying a second.

But the steering movement in the column is going to gradually become a problem. What I have noticed is that the lowest position on the Triix is 3 inches higher then the stock sparks, even had to buy a different cover ( I own a 2016 Spark also). I can tell you this clearly puts more stress on the column, you can feel it. Now raise the trixx bars to the highest point up six inches more from stock and the force on the the steering column is too much....based on leverage.

My rant...we buy the skis for the feel of driving....looseness in steering kills the driving experience. Looseness in any steering kills any driving experience of any vehicle.

Thanks Tomas Hooper

Last edited by Gibbs828791; 05-05-2017 at 08:32 PM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Just got off the ski, now have 22 hours. I am really coming into my own on the ski. Great ski....thing is a blast....got both feet in the same well and trying all kinds of tricks. My neighbor who rode stand up skis in the 90's like me came out on his yahamie...asked if I could spin it.....yea...he couldnt believe the tail spins....having a blast...next weekend going to let him take it out with me following him on my 550.

Note: For all that have the trixx steering before riding pre-check should include checking the screw attached to the lever.

Having a blast!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 04:10 PM

21 hours now.

I checked my TRIXX closely for the forward/back handlebar motion, and I don't have hardly any (maybe 2mm). I hope that doesn't start.

Still having the problems with the handlebars slipping downward unexpectedly.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

TNRiver..there is a screw on the inside of the handlebars under where the wiring is tie wrapped. Tighten that up and your problem will be gone. Now the issue I have found is it loosens up over time. So check it every ride.

I really dont want to abuse the ski so I keep the bars at the lowest during normal riding and raise them when I want to do tail stands and tailspins.

I will be honest so far I am really impressed with this ski that I can deal with a few small imperfections. The power slides, power slides coming out in a sitting tail stand or standing tail stands, power slides with both feet in the same well leaning over the water, the short slides from side to side feeling your spray, the tailspins, the mini Broncos....tons of fun!

I really think BRP should be commended for putting together a 400 pound ski, 4 stroke, sit down ski that can do these tricks.

Last edited by Gibbs828791; 05-10-2017 at 06:58 PM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 05:24 PM

Hey, everyone. I am considering about buy Spark Trixx, but I am not sure witch one to get 2-Up or 3-Up. I maybe gonna tow the tube I am not sure yet. If I will buy 3-Up will I be able to make modify to 2-Up? Any thoughts, experiences to ride 2up and 3up Trixx? are they the same on the water to play, or they are different, will I regret about having 3-Up not 2-Up?
Thank you for your thoughts and advice.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 03:33 AM

@Sheva. If you plan to tow anything you’ll most likely need the 3 up. Most states require a seat for 3 people to tow. Check your local laws on it to be sure

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page