Trixx 2up vs 3up - Page 2 - Sea-Doo Spark Forum
 1Likes

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman68 View Post
3up spark or 3up other?

I am stuck with the fact that I want a 2up spark for fun on the craft itself (Been pre approved by the wife for a $$$ amount that basically gets me in a base 3up or a 2up IBR/VTS in my area) but i think a GTI 130 would be a better "family" ski....
I guess I was referring to “any” 3-up for family use, over a 2-up. My thinking being get the one that offers the most options first. That’s what we did (with the VXR) and, once we had EVERYones’s foreseeable needs covered, we eventually began looking for more of a “lone rider pure-play” vehicle. Not to throw you a curve ball but, a buddy in a situation similar to yours was tagging along with me as I shopped for a TRixx AND while I was also still trying to decide between a 2-up and 3-up myself. He’d already ridden our VXR last summer so, the more time he spent looking at Sparks (and totally unbeknownst to me) he quietly started asking himself questions about things like storage, fuel tank capacity, engine access, etc. It was great to have him tag along with me but, to be honest, I was relieved when he went and ordered a Yama EX. FOR HIS FAMILY, that choice makes loads more sense - again, that’s for his SITUATION. I think the price points are close, not sure. I know he is on a tight budget til things in his profession pick back up ...

Quote:
.... . How much my family actually wants to ride 2-3up and tube is I think a different amount than they say they want to do all of this.
Yowza, ya def gotta get some kind of firm answer nailed down or else the potential for buyer remorse / regret (on anyone’s part: yours, the spouses, any one of the kids, etc.) is way up there. OTOH, it’s March so, you still have weeks (or more, depending upon your location) before dealers are dealing with all the “it’s warm now; last minute nellies” pouring into showrooms.

How old are the kids? That’s a huge factor in my experience as, no matter what an 11 year old “says”, as soon as they’ve had some experience riding on (or behind) one, they’re gonna want to drive it, as soon as your states reg.s say they are of legal age (as young as 14 where I am, if they complete a cert. course (my 8yoa a 13yoa grandkids already have the entire course memorized and could teach the class, they ARE READY ha-ha! )

I do not know ANYthing about the GTI line but, if my family did not already have a 3-up (Yama VXR) I would have gone with a 3-up as GreenHornet2’s assessment echoes what everyone else I’ve talked to has told me :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
...I have ridden two adults on my 2up but it isn't comfortable and 2 up or 3 up the ski feels funny. It's not ideal for multi person riding if you ask me.

Now as for 2up vs 3up comparison. I got to test my 3up I added extended VTS too with my 2up. It does tail stands just fine. It does 180's as well. I would say it is about the same as the 2up but it does take a little more body English to throw it around, if you are lighter it might be a little more difficult but I am 230lbs 6'3. The 2 up is effortless the 3 up takes a just a little more effort but still well within satisfactory level for the smile factor.

“Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW and what you want MOST.” - Annon

Last edited by spank; 03-22-2019 at 12:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank View Post
Yowza, ya def gotta get some kind of firm answer nailed down
your wife must not be as indecisive. Hang on to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank View Post
How old are the kids?
1 who is 9 months, perhaps another on the way in 12-18 months... Hence I think most riding will be 1up, and the tubing situation is a few years down the road, either when I am bored of the spark, or can afford a second craft...

Wife and I rode a friend's 90ho 2up on our lake last year and she had no complaints whatsoever with riding on the back for 2-3 laps, and i made some hard cuts she hung on just fine.

My constraint is that the 3up adds cost to the boat. I can afford it but the point of the spark to me is a PWC with a good $/fun ratio... If you spec out a 3up spark you are dangerously close to a 1-2 y/o GTI 130SE which to me (at least on paper, and with features) is a better 3up SKI.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
your wife must not be as indecisive. Hang on to her.
Ha-ha, I wake up every morning, look over and relief, “Whew, she’s STILL here!” (From the foot of the bed, her Jack Russell mix, “JAX” gives me the stink eye and I can read his mind like a billboard, “Sh*t, you’re STILL here!”

Quote:
1 who is 9 months, perhaps another on the way in 12-18 months... Hence I think most riding will be 1up, and the tubing situation is a few years down the road, either when I am bored of the spark, or can afford a second craft...
Oh man, I didn’t know they are THAT young! Geez, it won’t be anyone but you and Momma for years to come - 2-up!

And, maybe some of the more knowledgeable Sparkers here (GreenHornet2?) can tell me if I’m wrong but, I think a 3-up seat and an extension can be plopped onto a 2-up hull. Do I have that wrong?

PS - Congratulations, 12-18 months early!
dantheman68 likes this.

“Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW and what you want MOST.” - Annon

Last edited by spank; 03-22-2019 at 04:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 05:20 PM

Riding 2up on the Spark is fine as long as you like falling off. it's a fricking BLAST and hillarious but honestly falling off is the fun bit. If your other half is going to get upset at a dunking then just don't do it cause it's inevitable. We've taken heaps of people for 2 up rides and they've had the time of their life cause everyone ends up in the drink 3-4 times.

we also have a ski boat so we have both bases covered

I have many skills
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tash Neame View Post
Riding 2up on the Spark is fine as long as you like falling off. it's a fricking BLAST and hillarious but honestly falling off is the fun bit.

we also have a ski boat so we have both bases covered
Some of the other forums that list "Dry Ride" as a pro in the competition against a spark just leave me shaking my head...

My father is looking into buying a pontoon, so that's the people hauler. I've never been much of a tuber.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 04:15 PM

yeah the whole point of getting a PWC is to have fun, laugh your arse off and get dunked haha.

if i wanted to remain dry I'd stay on land.

I have many skills
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 10:28 PM

Just committed to buying a used 26hr 2017 2up Trixx, $6100 with OEM cover and 2015 trailer, now for the summer to get here!
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 01:45 PM

I have had a pair of YAMAHA FXHO since 2013 and added a 2 up trixx the first year they came out.

Tubing, skiing behind the trixx is a challenge due to the mass being so small compared to the pull of the skier.

If I could only have one ski, it would be the big Yamaha. Second ski would maybe be the trixx. Its a lot of fun to have matched big skis to race friends on. But everyone's third ski should be a trixx!
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Heya all,

Just bought a 2018 Candy Blue/Chili Pepper 2up and pick it up tomorrow.

Might switch it over to a 3up to pull tubes on our lake.

Jeff M
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2824.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	323.1 KB
ID:	9580   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2823.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	338.1 KB
ID:	9582  

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version