Trixx 2up vs 3up - Sea-Doo Spark Forum
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 233
(Thread Starter)
Default Trixx 2up vs 3up

Does anyone have one of each? I am wondering how they would describe the differences. I have a 2up and am thinking about getting a 3up as well to do some tubing for the kids I just want to know if they are still as easy to spin and as fun as the 2up.
Greenhornet2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 10:33 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 87
Default

I have a 3up and just bought a 2up but we have not got the 2up on the water yet.
I have done a fair amount of tub pulling with my 3up. I put some handlebar mirrors on it and I pull two kids on the tube.
The kids love it.
In SC you can pull two people with a 3up if you have mirrors.
markb is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 233
(Thread Starter)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb View Post
I have a 3up and just bought a 2up but we have not got the 2up on the water yet.
I have done a fair amount of tub pulling with my 3up. I put some handlebar mirrors on it and I pull two kids on the tube.
The kids love it.
In SC you can pull two people with a 3up if you have mirrors.
Awesome, how does it pull? have you tried a skier? You'll have to let me know how you compare it to the 2up when you get it out. I am pretty close to pulling the trigger on a 3up. I really like these machines.
Greenhornet2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 02:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 87
Default

I have not pulled a skier. Just kids on tube and usually two teens or younger. It is fun you can give them a very fun ride or a tame ride if necessary.
I have had kids make me promise no to go fast before the ride was over they were begging for a fast fun ride.

It will not be to long before we will get the skis out.
markb is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 11:31 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Brunswick, GA
Posts: 4
Default

We have one of each. There is not THAT much difference between the two to me. Having said that, I DO prefer to ride the 2up, but don't feel like much agility or fun factor is lost on the 3up. It is DEFINITELY MUCH EASIER to get back on the 3up in rough water when you crash, though! If you have ANY use for a 3up, I say get one, I don't think you'll end up wishing you'd got another 2up. I was hesitant to get one (3up) too, because I wasn't sure if we'd utilize the additional capabilities that a 3up offered or not (and actually, so far we have not). I convinced myself that it would be ok, because if I hated it, I could just take the hull extension off and have a 2up with a longer seat (I think there's a couple trim pieces that would need to be acquired, though). I won't be doing that........
stezlaki is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 233
(Thread Starter)
Default

I did pick up a 3up last weekend. I haven't gotten to take it out yet but I will post my feelings on it soon! thanks for the replys.
Greenhornet2 is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 06:29 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 1
Default

Is the 3up trixx stable enough for 2 adults to ride without tipping over or falling off? Looking for something that both my parents can ride and enjoy together. Showing them this right now, but not sure if it would be stable enough for them to ride together(my mom won't drive one, she is too afraid to do this!). But I get the impression from everyone posting that this ski would be unstable and they would likely tip over. I know they would probably would not be able to get back on. Both are around 65 yrs old. Looking at some of the other models and they all just look so lame. We just sold a 2012 GTR 215 and that thing was a beast, fastest thing I have ever ridden. Dad doesn't really want something like that again, which is fine, I just dont a slow lame ass ski that only does 40 mph top end.
N2CDO is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 233
(Thread Starter)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2CDO View Post
Is the 3up trixx stable enough for 2 adults to ride without tipping over or falling off? Looking for something that both my parents can ride and enjoy together. Showing them this right now, but not sure if it would be stable enough for them to ride together(my mom won't drive one, she is too afraid to do this!). But I get the impression from everyone posting that this ski would be unstable and they would likely tip over. I know they would probably would not be able to get back on. Both are around 65 yrs old. Looking at some of the other models and they all just look so lame. We just sold a 2012 GTR 215 and that thing was a beast, fastest thing I have ever ridden. Dad doesn't really want something like that again, which is fine, I just dont a slow lame ass ski that only does 40 mph top end.
I'm not sure I would ride any jet ski that I could not get back on, that's a disaster waiting to happen. Anyway I just let my 62 year old Aunt ride my 3up as she is buying one, she took it by herself for about an hour then wanted to ride with someone so she could get used to it. She took my mother and they went for about 20 minutes and she didn't have an issue combined weight maybe 320lbs? It is slightly more stable than a 2up. I have ridden two adults on my 2up but it isn't comfortable and 2 up or 3 up the ski feels funny. It's not ideal for multi person riding if you ask me.


Now as for 2up vs 3up comparison. I got to test my 3up I added extended VTS too with my 2up. It does tail stands just fine. It does 180's as well. I would say it is about the same as the 2up but it does take a little more body English to throw it around, if you are lighter it might be a little more difficult but I am 230lbs 6'3. The 2 up is effortless the 3 up takes a just a little more effort but still well within satisfactory level for the smile factor.
Greenhornet2 is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 05:47 AM
Member
 
spank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
. . . The 2 up is effortless the 3 up takes a just a little more effort but still well within satisfactory level for the smile factor.
After a lot of gnashing of teeth, and no mean amount of marital discord; I went with the 2-up TRixx as its main role will be sustained surface silliness. I’m 5’11 and down to 210 (from 225, every little bit helps! and, as I’ve been trying to explain to the marriage counselor we already have another, 3-person ski for towing, cruising, etc. (if that wasn’t the case; however; I would think a typical family would be better served by a 3-up, as an entry ski ...


Great thread topic / discussion!

“Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW and what you want MOST.” - Annon
spank is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 08:50 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank View Post
(if that wasn’t the case; however; I would think a typical family would be better served by a 3-up, as an entry ski ...

3up spark or 3up other?

I am stuck with the fact that I want a 2up spark for fun on the craft itself (Been pre approved by the wife for a $$$ amount that basically gets me in a base 3up or a 2up IBR/VTS in my area) but i think a GTI 130 would be a better "family" ski.... How much my family actually wants to ride 2-3up and tube is I think a different amount than they say they want to do all of this.
dantheman68 is offline  
Reply




Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome