Footwell scuppers? - Sea-Doo Spark Forum

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Default Footwell scuppers?

Has anybody drilled holes to enable water to drain out of the footwells? I have 2 sparks that are kept on lifts. Whenever it rains the footwells fill with water. Id like to install some scuppers and Im hoping somebody who has done it before can give me some advice.

Thanks,

TJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 06:41 PM

Personally, I would be hesitant to drill holes in the foot wells. I purchased a hand pump kit from Amazon for less than $20. I use this when I'm washing the Spark after use on the lake and want to get all of the water out of the foot wells. It works great and can probably even be used for doing oil changes. Here's the link:

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Given how much it rains here in Seattle, I'm hoping for a self-draining solution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 10:12 AM

Gotcha. That makes sense. Definitely don't have that problem here in Arizona. Hopefully someone will chime in that's more savvy about this topic than me. Good luck!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 10:23 AM

Do you not use covers on your sparks when not in use? Although UV resistant sunlight breaks down the plastic and should be covered anytime left outside . If covered they should not get water in the footwells.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 09:58 AM

The problem with drilling holes is you wouldn't want water just running into the hull without a bilge pump and float switch which is then going to run your battery down and make it go bad. An ideal setup would be a gravity drain system using nylon tubing and running it from holes drilled in the footwells to an outlet above the waterline on the lower hull however this would require a hose connector accessible through the engine observation panel to disconnect said drain lines when you need to remove/ install the upper hull.

Cheers -Maverick
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 12:54 AM

The covers have vent holes with a screen so water gets in my footwell all the time nothing you can do.when i am finished rinsing my jet i just siphon with a small hose old fashion way using my mouth to get it going. I use to use a plastic cup but using hose is much better..cheap and easy..
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoddjohnson View Post
Has anybody drilled holes to enable water to drain out of the footwells? I have 2 sparks that are kept on lifts. Whenever it rains the footwells fill with water. Id like to install some scuppers and Im hoping somebody who has done it before can give me some advice.

Thanks,

TJ
Did you ever go forward with this? I am thinking of doing the same since I also get water in footwell through the vents on the cover while on the lift. I've though about drilling small holes in the footwells and leaving the hull drain open while on the lift to let the water out. While running, the electric bilge pump should have care of any water that drains through the holes.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 12:27 PM
DWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Storch View Post
I've though about drilling small holes in the footwells and leaving the hull drain open while on the lift to let the water out. While running, the electric bilge pump should have care of any water that drains through the holes.

What if you installed a fitting such as this:

Fitting

Glue in from underneath and add a tube so that you can direct the water to the back of the hull. This would (mostly) keep water from seeping uncontrolled into unwanted areas of the hull.

Dave

Blueberry 2up iBR 900 HO
Yellow 2up iBR 900 HO
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA View Post
What if you installed a fitting such as this:

Fitting

Glue in from underneath and add a tube so that you can direct the water to the back of the hull. This would (mostly) keep water from seeping uncontrolled into unwanted areas of the hull.
Yeah, that might be a good idea. At the very least I should make sure I know what is below the footwells. Maybe when I take the hull center off for winterization. I just bought it this year, so I've never seen what the inside is even like.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page