Brp speaker review - Sea-Doo Spark Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Default Brp speaker review

Just purchased the new speaker system for the Spark, I believe it retailed 650, and with the mount a little over 700.. if you want the new storage bin cover, another $40 on top of that. Install was simple, had to make about 7 pilot holes and everything screwed together fairly quickly. Took about 35 mins. The mount does hold onto the speaker nicely and does have a nice aesthetic look.

The speaker itself really does have quality sound and is well built, so in my opinion worth the hefty price. To be honest I was skeptic as to the quality of sound since I am a speaker/ music snob, but was pleasantly surprised. The speaker gets extremely loud and can hit great lows and highs with no distortion. I Had no issue hearing it while riding. For this kind of speaker quality I do not mind spending the extra cash. The plus side, is that it can be removed and used while not riding which I have done while on the beach and in my backyard.

If anyone has any questions about it just let me know. My next buy will be a mat and am currently looking at HydroTurf. If anyone has any recommendations please let me know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 10:01 AM

how sturdy is it mounted? Like if you dump the ski when going 45 or so, is it going to rip off??

You think it is a better option than mounting real speakers into the side?

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Carton View Post
how sturdy is it mounted? Like if you dump the ski when going 45 or so, is it going to rip off??

You think it is a better option than mounting real speakers into the side?

I would say it would stay on.. I was afraid as to how sturdy it would be myself due to its size, but I’m satisfied with how it is held on. Does not shake or jiggle at top speed and hitting waves.

And in my opinion, this would be better than adding speakers to the actual body like that video. Why do all that extra work when you are getting the same if not better sound? Also the fact you can take it off and use it as a separate speaker is great.. just had it going this past Saturday for a party and lasted all day. The sound is better than any Bluetooth on the market and I’ve had them all, Bose JL Sony Kicker etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 11:28 AM

Thanks for the informative review. I've only heard one in a showroom on a new Trixx. I was surprised as well by not only the sound quality, but the power output. Price has held me off from buying it. I'm hoping that they don't sell quite like they hoped and they will drop the MSRP.

Marshall
17 Spark Trixx
Mods...110 tune, 12/15 Skat Trak
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 03:08 PM

I put sea dek on my spark. Looks the same as my ski nautique
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seadoo.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	9646   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1088.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	9648  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcosub View Post
I put sea dek on my spark. Looks the same as my ski nautique
I just contacted SeaDek and they said I would have to take my ski to one of their dealers to get it measured as they did not have the measurements for my ski. Closest one is over 2 hours away unfortunately. You wouldn’t happen to have any kind of drawing/ breakdown of measurements for yours would you?