SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

New to the Seadoo watercrafts. Just got it and had it on water test today. Tested VTS and IBR after startup and worked fine. Got on, and headed out on idle. After a few mins, the check engine came on, along with a long single beep. Now the IBR and VTS does not work. Everything else seem to be fine.

As far as i have seen, there is no way to retrieve the fault codes without a diagnostic tool.? Or delete them.?

Does any in here have any tip to the issue? is there a common factor that any would know about?

I have various diagnostic tools for all my cars and outboards, but not Seadoo. Look like i need one for the seadoo too, any suggestions?

Reagards Rune
Norway

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Awaiting a maptuner x, so will see what the code is.

Took out the IBR controller and opened it, motor works fine, all cogs ok and no signs of moisture. Assembled back together. Still giving the error and not able to get into IBR override. So just have to wit a day or two to get the maptuner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update.

After a few hours of measuring various cables and voltages i found that there was a voltage drop of about 3.5Vdc on the supply to the IBR module. The ground wire going to the IBR cable plug had a increased resistance. By-passing this with a new wire solved the voltage loss, and communication to the IBR was restored.

As far as i could see, there was no damage or any sign of external influence in the cable bundle running from the IBR plug to the ECU. A new cable would solve this, but there is no issue juming the wire, The IBR plug measures fine, so the issue would be further up (winter project).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts