SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
This happened to me. Was cruising along normally, and all of a sudden loud vibration and high RPMS. thought it had to be the wear ring. Limped for like ten minutes, then kept it cruising at under 5000 rpms while dealing with the heavy vibration and it cleared after maybe 15 minutes. Gone. I have ordered a new wear ring and plan on replacing, hasn't been back in the water since. Its been 4-5 days.

I think the ring is coming in on monday, so I may try my luck with it this weekend on the water and see how it holds up.
I've had this happen as well. It was a big clump of weeds clogging up the intake grate. Hopped off, cleaned them out and everything was good again.

As far as how much it should cost at the dealer...
Honestly if they charge you more than 1 hour labor they are completely out of the ball park on price. Truthfully, the wear ring on a Spark (especially one without IBR) is so easy to do that even someone with virtually no tech savvy could do one.

You can buy a spare wear ring at SBT for about $52.45 plus shipping.
I bought one of the SBT wear rings as my spare for long trips. It feels sturdy enough and I fully expect to be able to change it at the side of the lake if necessary.

Instructions on changing the wear ring can be found at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv0Sl8oFCJM

·
Registered
259 Posts
Haven't changed the stock wear ring to the SBT one yet. It looks like it'll fit and feels plenty sturdy. The only difference I can see is that it's white instead of grey.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How is your wear ring after this

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Honestly, It looks fine from what I can tell.

But the lake I go out in has a lot of sea weed floating, some times in big clumps, So I still plan on changing the ring. Got home tonight and was surprised to find the package waiting for me. I think I'll change it friday afternoon and keep it as a spare, I'm expecting it to be good enough to hang onto, maybe small grooves from normal wear and tear

·
Registered
3 Posts
My local dealer tried to charge me 2 hours of labor to change the wear ring. I said I watched a video where it was done in about 1/2 hour, and if it took their tech 2 hours he's a moron. They knocked a 1/2 hour off. Next time I'll do it myself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They want $770 to fix this!

I have ridden it for 1 freaking hour and I already have a $770 service bill. Harley-Davidson and Ducati ain't got **** on Sea-Doo apparently.

I will never ever step foot into a Sea Doo dealership again. Where is a good place to buy parts online? I'll just figure this **** out from YouTube videos. I need the wear ring and some seal around the pump...anyone know what that seal is all about? LOL This is going to be a steep learning curve.
The seal from the original can be slipped off and installed onto the new wear ring. I had to replace my ring last week and picked up a new seal just in case but the old one is still good. Yesterday the machines came back and that new wear ring from last week now has a huge hole in it and so I dropped by the dealer and with tax it was another $68.00
I also order two more plastic ones off amazon today but they will be a week or more before they arrive. The replacement really is not hard and should not take long. I did spend some extra time with a file and cleaned up the impeller blade.
good luck

41 - 46 of 46 Posts