SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please Help! I have two 2014 sparks. Both have vetch 110 tunes...

My pink one only has 40 hours and has had zero issues until the last ride. It ran fine for the first 30 minutes until I parked it. Went to get back on it and it wouldn't do a thing. No electronics worked on the gauges or anything. After about ten minutes it finally started and ran fine for the rest of the day until I was back at the dock. Went to back up my car and then it wouldn't start again to load it up. Hasn't started since and this was three weeks ago.

My other white ski has 250 hours on it and has never had a single issue. The other day I took the tops off of both of them so I could swap some parts and try to figure out the issue. Before I removed the top off the white one I started it up with no issues.

The first thing I tried was putting the top from the white one on the pink ski to see if it was any of the electronics on the top end. Nothing happened.

Next I swapped the battery and rectifier from the white ski to the pink ski. This was the first time it has tried to do anything. It powered the gauges but as soon as I would hit the start button again to fire the engine it would make a click and would remain completely dead again. I unplugged the main power plug from the top of the ski to the bottom and tried again. Same thing happened again. Thought I might be getting somewhere at this point...

I haven't done anything else to the pink ski because I had someone come look at the white one yesterday trying to purchase it. I had put the white one all back together with the same parts it originally had on it while working fine. Tried to start it and nothing. No electronics or anything. Told the guy the battery must need a charge and I would have it ready for him to test ride today. I charged the battery last night and tried to start it again. Still nothing. I have checked all the fuses on both skis and none of them are blown. I bought a new relay to try on the white one and it didn't help. It makes on click every ten or so times trying to start the ski and that's it. I read in another forum if its one click that usually means the starter solenoid is bad. I'm just confused how it worked perfect until I took it apart to swap parts and now both of my skis are doing the same thing.

Could the vetch tune have something to do with this?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Trying to have at least the white one running asap so I can sell it.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My buddy is having the exact same issue with his completely stock 2015 90hp 2up with ibr and around 45 hours. He had his battery tested but hasn't tried anything else yet. Surely this is an easy and common fix but everything I've read and tried hasn't worked!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I took the battery out again on the white ski. Cleaned all the connections up with a wire brush and let the battery sit on the tender for another hour on a 2 amp charge. Tender has been saying the battery is good but figured id let it maintain the charge a little longer. When I put it back in the ski and put the key on, the dash came on. As soon as I hit the start button again to fire the engine it completely shuts off again. Both of my skis are doing the EXACT same thing.

Where's the Spark Guru at?!?!?!?!?!?!?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.