SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't get back to the advertisment but, I just saw one browsing on my computer. It showed a SPARK and guess what....starting price was no longer 4999!!! I think it was like 5,500 or so. Anyone seen this yet?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just looked it up on the Seadoo webiste, and it looks like you are right! Dealerships were already charging over MSRP though so maybe this will just stop dealerships from charging as many extra fees. Perhaps that is wishful thinking though.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Just looked it up on the Seadoo webiste, and it looks like you are right! Dealerships were already charging over MSRP though so maybe this will just stop dealerships from charging as many extra fees. Perhaps that is wishful thinking though.
unless they decide to up the fee's to reflect the change in price from sea doo, which would suck for those with a limited amount of dealers within easy access

·
Registered
337 Posts
pshhh that's more than the obligatory 2% inflation hike ;) Its a hot product and they know, why not glean a few extra on each model, still half the cost of everything else...

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
I noticed they updated the Canadian website pricing, but the US site still lists 4999

·
Registered
289 Posts
Canadians do pay more for most things than Americans. Especially books and cars. It's quite annoying.

I could see them upping the price on the Spark for next year's model though. I still think that people would be willing to spend the money.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My 3 up loaded cost 11500 with trailer plus tax here I'm Canada
That's steep! But not far off....I think everyone is paying pretty much the same within $500...depends on whether you get fenders and extinguishers and bail buckets and tie-downs et al. Also, what type of trailer? Galvanized or not? Did they license for you etc. I've decided not to worry about the price ($21k for me roughly) and focus on having fun!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have seen that a 2015 "Hybrid" Spark (supposed to have the same 150~ mile range) will be $2500~ MORE (US) than the base unit, starting at $7499 (tentative), that buys a lot of gas, not to mention if the batteries ever have to be replaced!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have seen that a 2015 "Hybrid" Spark (supposed to have the same 150~ mile range) will be $2500~ MORE (US) than the base unit, starting at $7499 (tentative), that buys a lot of gas, not to mention if the batteries ever have to be replaced!
The "hybrid" Spark was an April Fools joke though Jeffin.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I believed it at first too and WISHED the spark came in those colors that they had in the joke.

When I go to the sea-doo.com site it still shows $4,999 on my end.

My sales guy said the 2015's are forecasted to start at $1,000 more than the 2014's did. One of the reasons I went for the 2014 was the potential for the price to go up with the 15's.

Who knows. I want to see what the 2015's look like though! I don't see anything about them on the seadoo website yet. I also want to see if yamaha comes out with a competitor for the spark.

Someone posted on the seadoo owner's facebook page that these are the 2015'

As of now I'm not buying it though. All I see are ugly looking skis, with little color variety and nothing that looks like a Spark. Also since I don't see anything about the 2015's anywhere else online it makes me wonder if its another joke. I asked the guy where he got his info from so I could read more and see if its legit but all he would tell me is " multiple sources " LOL.

Can you imagine if they decided not to make any more Sparks? I wonder if the value of ours would go up because people want our light weight toys that they can't buy anymore or if the value would go down because they didn't seem to be a hit so they stopped making them. I can't imagine that though since so many places sold out so quick.

Hmmmmm....

·
Registered
38 Posts
As owners we all know the Spark was a Hit!!!....try to find one a year end clearance.....NOT...lol....I think we have an awesome toy and I think resale would be excellent....anyone out there buy one second hand yet??...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 38 Posts