SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come up with a way to get the battery in and out without taking the top off?
My arms are to fat to fit all the way down to unstrap the battery. I was able to get lucky with a long flat head screw driver to I strap it. Now how do I get 2 hands in there to lift it out!
and how do I restrap the new one.
I was thinking of creating a handle out of chord and using the screws in the battery posts to attach it and try pulling it out that way. Any one have something they came up with to make this easier?

·
Registered
20 Posts
i think the battery might be just a bit too big to come out without removing the top. could be wrong but it seems that way on mine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
after looking again, it seems like you could potentially remove the battery without taking off the top, the tricky part might be undoing the strap that holds the battery down. if you can manage that, you might be able to take it out

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have done it. I got lucky I guess. I just gripped the top, pulled up and tilted it. Then to adjust my grip, I pushed battery into the motor keeping pressure so it wouldn’t fall back down.
if I had to do it again, would probably put something around bottom of the battery like shipping strap to help lift battery out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts