SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First timer here. I have my eyes on a 2015 spark with a couple upgrades, and I was looking to hear from the experts.

List of upgrades.

vtech tuned 110HP

trixx adjustable handle bars

Hydro turf mat

SS steel wear ring

SS solas impeller

Riben delete

RIVA rear free flow exhaust

My main concern is with the wear ring. I’ve read that the plastic wear ring is fragile so spark owners turn to the SS wear ring, but that could potentially lead to even bigger issues than just the wear ring. I’m just looking for some insight from someone who has maybe had any of these upgrades on their own spark.

I should note, I am not as concerned with the performance of the Ski since it is my first time purchasing. I love the spark because it’s nimble / quick and on the lower end in terms of pricing. My main concern is reliability and if these upgrades are worth it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My stock plastic wear ring was destroyed by a piece of stick floating in the lake that got sucked in, it also bent the tips of the stock aluminum impeller. I decided to change them both to what you have, Solas SS impeller and wear ring and haven't had any issues. That same stick should get chewed up with the SS setup. I've taken it out in the Gulf of Mexico, no issues there either (sand).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts