SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just bought a 2017 seadoo spark 3up with IBR (15 hrs). After riding it for a bit I capside it trying to get someone on it and flipped it back up like the stiker says noticed it leans to the left. Not sure if that was the cause since it's the first time out and I'm starting to know the jet ski. Checked if there was water inside the hull by removing the side panel where the battery is and also remove the drain plug on the trailer and tilt the jet sky back and not a single drop of water. Has anyone experienced something like that? Any suggestions on what to do.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Maybe either your hull was a manufacturing flaw or it got damaged at some point but I would think it would break before warping from damage?? I've noticed on mine that at about 15-20 mph it rides on a weird part of the hull and it'll rock over center and either ride leaning left or leaning right but it won't stay flat. I can roll it to either side and it'll stay there until I turn the bars. It's a very slight lean but it's noticeable. It's like there's a round part of the hull that it rides on at that speed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine will lean due to wind and current, and even how I am sitting. Not severe lean by any means, but it does lean under the right conditions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Like randy328, after an hour of so of getting to know my new Spark [first time rider] I did notice lean. With wind and other water conditions subsiding the lean went away. I suspect this is normal and you'll notice less of it through time when conditions change. Maybe have another ride yours and see if they experiencel the same.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I will notice riding with two people i will get a lean here and there. I believe it's how the passenger is sitting. Also around and a current will for sure have some effect. They are light machines. The faster i go the less i feel it. I don't usually feel it by myself though i have on occasion

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whit speed it does go away but at low speeds without a passenger you defenetly feel it lean a little to the left, it's easier to lean to the left than to the rigth whit a passenger it will lean left very easy, I inspected the hull not a scratch or any deformity, I'm thinking maybe the engine is slightly aligned more to the left. Is there a way to check for this if I remove the top? Do you think it's better not to open it? I'm afraid I'll get other issues like not sealing properly and leaking if I do

·
Registered
233 Posts
When mine does lean it does seem to always be to the left. Maybe the engine torques that way. The top is pretty easy to remove and you shouldn't have a problem with sealing, and it's about the water line anyway. Not sure what you expect to find though. Are you sure it isn't currents?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Whit speed it does go away but at low speeds without a passenger you defenetly feel it lean a little to the left, it's easier to lean to the left than to the rigth whit a passenger it will lean left very easy, I inspected the hull not a scratch or any deformity, I'm thinking maybe the engine is slightly aligned more to the left. Is there a way to check for this if I remove the top? Do you think it's better not to open it? I'm afraid I'll get other issues like not sealing properly and leaking if I do

I'd recommend just riding it. It's not like you're going to be able to reposition the engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I just bought a 2017 seadoo spark 3up with IBR (15 hrs). After riding it for a bit I capside it trying to get someone on it and flipped it back up like the stiker says noticed it leans to the left. Not sure if that was the cause since it's the first time out and I'm starting to know the jet ski. Checked if there was water inside the hull by removing the side panel where the battery is and also remove the drain plug on the trailer and tilt the jet sky back and not a single drop of water. Has anyone experienced something like that? Any suggestions on what to do.
So it has to do with not achieving a plane. The ski is designed to get on plane at a certain speed. Probably around 20 mph. With that speed the water flows across the hull at the right angles and creates a type of wedge to water. At slower speeds it doesn’t achieve the plane. It’s annoying that’s for sure yet you have to find the sweet spot. When you do it will ride level to water.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts