SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Love those handle bars...

Anyone know more specific information on the new VTS system? Is it just a 'chip that adds more usability to the current VTS set up, or is it a whole new unit all together?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Love those handle bars...
yup available 2017 so i'll be looking forward to whacking those bad boys on next year!

Anyone know more specific information on the new VTS system? Is it just a 'chip that adds more usability to the current VTS set up, or is it a whole new unit all together?
yeah I need to know that too - we only installed VTS in January and I'm trying to work out why the extended VTS is cheaper that regular VTS - is it just a new module or upgrade to the existing module? or do you have to remove your whole VTS and install the new one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It seems like we will get an extended VTS kits for older spark models! just came over this vid (
) and PWCmuscles confirm this also in a coment below the video. I hope I can get this on my 2015 whitout to many modifications :D

Does anybody have more information regarding this kit?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well that was not the respons I hoped on, did he give you any reasons for why it would not work?

I'll think I will ask PWCM about it and hopefully they could give some information about the KIT.

I will cross my fingers :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've done a bit of research, its not quick plug and play because there are some parts that are different between the trixx and older models. the ramps on the new IBR that allow for the big nozzle movement is different and doesn't fit on the old iBR bucket. Even if someone made new ramps for the older iBR bucket the other parts of the iBR wouldn't be able to account for the extra degrees of movement required. I talked a little with PWC Muscle and they will release a kit that includes parts to modify older pump parts and Im assuming the older iBR components as well. So time will tell they told me they will release more info in the coming months. So it wont be plug and play but hopefully can be done without intensive mechanical experience.

I too talked to BRP employee and the feel I got out of it was since it may require some heavy modification they classify it as non retrofittable.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Spoke to my dealer this week. He said yes it is very possible.

How? No freakin clue, but from the BRP design team they are told to make something that will work with older models. I think they see this will be added sales in parts. Non of us really want to dump our Sparks for a new one yet.

Other items: Back plates for feet will also be available.

BRP is really liking the whole add on's they can sell. Basically taking a play out of the Harley book of sell a tricked out model and basic ones and let people build their own.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well that's good news - hopefully it happens, and they're not leading you up the garden path. Bit irritating that Seadoo told me you won't be able to do it but I suspect they were just trying to sell me a new ski lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts