SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new member to this forum and also new to jet ski ownership!! I love my sparks!! 1st season with the sparks, I have 2 of them, and I am already on my second impeller and wear rings. the 1st time around paid through the roof!!! over $2500 in parts and repair. I made the mistake of letting my teenage nephew ride it last week with his girlfriend and the wear ring on both are shattered and one impeller is a bit damaged not as bad as the 1st time around. So, I've decided to repair them myself as I worked on cars ans motorcycles before, so i think i can do this with you guys help!! I managed to remove most of it, but I cannot find the proper tool to remove the impeller.

these are the tools i purchase online and will not fit

This is what i need to remove and cannot find the proper size to remove, also the line is ripped I have the replacement.

I think i can file down the impeller, there's only maybe a month less than 2 of riding weather up here, so i'll replace this in the winter, when it's less busy.

What do you guys think i should do, I think i can fix myself since it does have the IBR, and save myself at least $1500 in labor.. or should i bring them in to the shop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Definitely fix it yourself it's really not hard at all if your handy with a wrench. I've done wear rings on both with and without ibr and even with ibr only took about an hr. Other without was about 15 or 20 min. Save the money my friend

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm always leery of the "Fits Most Models" in the description. Do a forum search and see if someone lists the necessary tools. This is not a hard fix to accomplish, but don't file too much off the impeller. If you take too much off and it's unbalanced you know it when you hit speed.

Take your time, record your steps with photos or video, and you'll get through this. Then next time it'll be a snap and you'll save even more money. And give your nephew the learner key next time!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts