SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

2018 Trixx Handlebars move forward a bit

3K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  James64 
#1 ·
My steering works perfectly on my 2018 Trixx, and has always been tight (now it is a little loose). Today, after coming off a big wave, I noticed some forward play in the handlebars. I can "rock" or "nudge" the handle bars forward and backward a little bit. I had a 2015 Spark before, and this never happened. Has anyone experienced a loose handle bar?

I check the diagrams on seadoopartswarehouse and there are 2 wear rings (those big plastic rings that are right there in front). They are $11 each. Maybe one of these wear rings cracked? I still have 1 year left on my warranty, but if this is what it is, I might be better off doing it myself instead of tying the ski up with the dealer for what is sure to be 3 weeks.

The little bit of play is not critical at the moment, but I don't know if it will get worse if I don't handle it.

Thanks ahead of time for any advice!

#3 ·
I had always run the Trixx with the handlebars all the way down. There was no wobble. A month ago, I raised them all the way up. I am usually standing up on the Spark, and I like the handle bars all the way up. Then the wobble came on one ride and got a little worse on the 2nd ride. It was at the point where you could notice the wobble while riding and steering. So, I replaced the 2 wear rings (by the way the 2 bolts that you have to remove were no where near spec in terms of torque), it was really tight (like a non-Trixx) while in the garage. I kept the handle bars all the way down. I went out for a ride and the wobble came back, just a bit. You can't notice it while riding it, but it came back. My neighbors non-Trixx is really tight. It's disappointing. Maybe, the Trixx is supposed to wobble?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.