SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, would a 3up seat fit on a 2up if you wanted to swap it to get a bit more space? Haven't bought one yet just looking.
Cheers

·
Registered
76 Posts
No - it won't. They are different sizes. Plus the 3-Up has an extended platform at the back to add more weight bearing capacity. The weight of three people on a 2-up will put it pretty low in the water.
Weight capacity is 352 (2-up) vs. 450 (3-up).

·
Registered
55 Posts
There is an extension that attaches to the rear area under the seat that extends to accept the 3 up seat and latch. The hulls for the 2up and 3up are identical, the 3up just has pieces bolted on to make it longer. The extended rear platform may make it a little more stable but most of it is at the waterline, if the 2 of you can board without tipping you can ride.
They make a 2 up comfort seat that makes riding more comfortable as it's more padded.

There are threads about converting 2up to 3up to see the parts you need.

The one difference the 3up has is it comes with the sticker certifying it as a 3 up for CG in case you pull a tube, etc. with a spotter, you'd get a ticket if you converted a 2up and did 3 people.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is an extension that attaches to the rear area under the seat that extends to accept the 3 up seat and latch. The hulls for the 2up and 3up are identical, the 3up just has pieces bolted on to make it longer. The extended rear platform may make it a little more stable but most of it is at the waterline, if the 2 of you can board without tipping you can ride.
They make a 2 up comfort seat that makes riding more comfortable as it's more padded.

There are threads about converting 2up to 3up to see the parts you need.

The one difference the 3up has is it comes with the sticker certifying it as a 3 up for CG in case you pull a tube, etc. with a spotter, you'd get a ticket if you converted a 2up and did 3 people.

Thanks guys for the info, appreciate it. I had a look at the platform extension and comfort seat.

You say there is an extension that attaches to the rear area under the seat that extends to accept the 3 up seat and latch. Is this a different modification to the rear platform extension? If so could you just do this extension without the platform? This is keeping in mind that it would only be 2 people on the ski.
Cheers

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi, the rear platform is a separate piece and while it may add additional buoyancy I think it's mostly to make reboarding easier when you have 2 or 3 people on board.
Here's the seat extension I'm talking about, plus you need a 3 up seat or 3 up comfort seat because the latching pin is farther back.
Watercraft Boat Vehicle Hood Automotive design

Hood Sleeve Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive design

Motor vehicle Hood Light Product Bumper

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks guys for the info, appreciate it. I had a look at the platform extension and comfort seat.

You say there is an extension that attaches to the rear area under the seat that extends to accept the 3 up seat and latch. Is this a different modification to the rear platform extension? If so could you just do this extension without the platform? This is keeping in mind that it would only be 2 people on the ski.
Cheers
Quoting so you'll see my previous reply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts