SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took my 2017spark in for its 1st checkup. It has only 42 hours, yet, the needs maintainance light is flashing. $582 for an oil change/ tune up??? OMG! I guess that's why they sell them for so cheap.....they're going to get it out of you anyways! A week later shop calls me and says coolant bottle was EMPTY, AND there's a leak somewhere. He quotes me an ADDITIONAL $600 (wow!) to "fix" it. I said to put it back on the trailer and Ill be down to get it. (and pay the $582 for the "original job"} Then he says he will take off $100 and only charge me an additional $5something. I said no. He THEN said, "Hey, I'm going to take care of you. I'll just "FIX" it and WONT charge you ANY ADDITIONAL MONEY!!
WHAT THE HECK IS THAT??? Is this guy ripping me off or what?
I'm a 63 yr old woman. I don't get crazy on the ski. I don't go full out when I ride it. I'm mellow. It only has 42 hours on it AND they are SOFT hours! It's on a jet ski dock out of the water, in a covered berth. How is it even possible that the coolant bottle would be empty? PLEASE, someone help this old lady out!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Take off side cover and check if coolant reservoir is in deed empty.... There is a reason they are called Stealerships....$582 is crazy for a oil change.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is a defect in the coolant bottle on the 2017. Both of mine had the issue. Basically the opening for the cap deforms to an oval shape and leaks coolant. There is also a TSB for the 2017 that the waterpump gasket can cause leaks. I had to fight with the dealer to fix them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My 2018 has an empty coolant bottle. The cap was almost impossible to get off and back on when I filled it. I just assumed that the dealer didn't fill it when I bought the thing. Do you have a link to the TSB? When I had the top off for the oil change two days ago the hull was completely dry. Should I see coolant in there if it is leaking? Or smell anything strange if it was burning off?

Not to poach TravelInTrace's thread, but it would help her with the dealership if she could take a copy of the TSB in with the ski.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts