SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2021 Spark 3up. There is no sport mode on it. I paid for the 900 HO 90 hp. The dealer says bring it in to reprogram the ecu. Anyone else heard of this? I was also told that you couldn't even get 3ups with the 60 hp anymore. Thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the exact same issue. I too just bought a 2021 Spark 3up but cannot for the life of me find a way to enable Sport Mode. I'm over 9 hours on the clock. Were you able to get this figured out?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My ski is at the dealer now. Ill pick it up Wednesday. Dealer says they are going to update the ecu. Ill let you know how that goes. They said they had to do same thing 2 weeks ago to a new ski. I've already put the stage 3 tune on it. Well see how it all works out

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am assuming you tried to activate sport mode while in drive (not in neutral) and by holding down the red button for a few seconds until it beeps three times, then pressing the red button again to "confirm sport mode".

You have to be in gear, not in neutral to engage sport mode.
It is true that the ECU tune controls the ability to go to sport.
Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
That’s correct. While in forward motion, 3’ish mph, pressing and holding the button on the main screen or any other screen causes no beeps whatsoever.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all but yes I have tried all that. I hope to hear more tomorrow. My 2021 with 12.5 hours on it is already in the shop to get the steering fixed. Something snapped. Dealer said it was just a ecu upgrade that needs to be done. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Seems like a lot of skis are coming from the factory like that. Seadoo really needs to step up their game. It's getting embarrassing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got the ski back from dealer yesterday. Reflashed the ecu and now have sport mode. serpent710 is right.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the exact same issue. I too just bought a 2021 Spark 3up but cannot for the life of me find a way to enable Sport Mode. I'm over 9 hours on the clock. Were you able to get this figured out?
Re flash worked great. Goes into sport mode now. I installed the solas 12 14 impeller and gained about 5 mph top end but the lowend is awesome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The dealer reflashed the ecu with no problem. Goes into sport mode like its supposed to now. Apparently alot of skis are coming like this where the dealer has to fix them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts