SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday I took the spark on a 90 mile ride. 45 miles of it was in the Gulf of Mexico. I'm tired but the spark did rather well. When the gulf got choppy I had trouble keeping up with the yamahas but it worked out well. It was a loop from Pensacola beach to destin and back using the gulf and the intercoastal waterway.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sunday I took the spark on a 90 mile ride. 45 miles of it was in the Gulf of Mexico. I'm tired but the spark did rather well. When the gulf got choppy I had trouble keeping up with the yamahas but it worked out well. It was a loop from Pensacola beach to destin and back using the gulf and the intercoastal waterway.
Nice!!! How did the spark do on fuel?

·
Registered
11 Posts
curious, I'm in debate-mode between spark and GTI 130 and my concern with spark was if I'm more about doing touring than sport in rougher tidal waters. This sounds like a reason to stick with spark though ... still uncertain

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dont get the spark for rough water unless you are ok doing 20~25mph. Spark is good on gas but it's rough in the chop so get a bigger ski if you want more comfort. I love my spark though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I made a 110 mile round trip on my 2up HO IBR in glass water, cruising at about 30-35. Fuel alarm was angry when I was idling back in to the ramp. I was getting really nervous towards the end. I was riding with a guy on a yamaha vx deluxe, and he has a ton of fuel left, but we didn't have a way to transfer any. Plus I didn't have a clamp to get that water line that can allegedly be clamped somehow to tow back.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
110 miles in glass water! Sounds awesome! Where was that at? I would have been nervous too. Did you get down to zero bars of fuel? I'm surprised to hear that the Yamaha had plenty of fuel left. The guys I rode with used 3/4 of a tank doing the 60 mile leg of our trip.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah I'm surprised a yamaha didn't burn a full tank within 2 hours lmfao, My buddy has a FX140 and the **** thing burns through its (60L?) Tank in about 3.5 hrs. It's brutal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Was on Table Rock Lake in southwest Missouri, when the water was still "wet suit cool" and there was little to no boat traffic. I don't remember if the gauge was showing zero bars or flashing one, but it took 8 gallons to fill it back up. It was close. Anybody ran one out of fuel? I've never run a fuel injected motor dry, I'm not sure how hard it would be to get restarted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.