SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dropped in the riva cold air intake along with the ribbon delete, as well as a solas stainless steel wear ring and their 12/17 upgraded impeller. a fair bit of work but with youtube how-to videos i managed without too much trouble. the most difficult part was taking the stock impeller off the pump once i had it on the vice. seems it was attached without any anti-sieze and it was a pretty tough fight to finally get it undone. at any rate i got it eventually.

i took it out for a test run before winterizing it for the winter and so far so good.

it sounds much better. deeper and more "clean" if that makes any sense. less "rattle" and more like an aircraft.

my top speed went from 47mph to 51mph (65degrees F on that day and i'm roughly 210lbs)

i'm considering a tune when next season comes around, any input as far as that goes? i don't think i want the exhaust kit as i dont want the ski any louder than it is now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds like you've got a good starter mod list completed. The impeller wasn't an easy remove on mine either and took a long cheater pipe to break it loose. I haven't done the air intake yet or ribbon delete (not allowed in my racing class) but plan to do the ribbon delete now, as a broken leg ended my racing and I'll just ride for fun.

I went with the RaceLab 110 tune ($200 https://racelabperformance.com/shop/ols/products/90hp-to-110hp-ecu-flash) and am happy with it. I decided that I wouldn't be switching back and forth between tunes anyway and always use 91/93 gas so I didn't want to spend $1k on one mod I'd likely never change. I did get stuck on a river ride and almost ran out of gas, bought some 87 and just rode calmly the rest of the way and drained it when I got home, no issues.

I didn't do exhaust for the same reason as you, I ride in populated areas and remote and didn't want the extra noise, my cars are loud enough.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right on, thanks for the tune input. how many hours have you got on it with the tune added? i was using 87 for maybe the first 10 or 15 hours but have been running 93 for the past 2 seasons. figure it makes sense and the added cost isnt really much.

also, is that a miata towing your spark in the profile pic? nice. whats it like launching that thing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts