SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have a few questions:

1. I'm 6'5" and 300#. Looking to buy a 3up 900ho. I am concerned that I won't be happy with the ride and performance. Not looking to go fast just have some fun on the weekends. Anybody about my size have one that can share their experience?

2. Boarding step capacity it only 250# can I use it to get on the ski? Will I be able to get on and off the back of it? How is the stability?

3. Are the holes already there for the step or do you have to drill them when the step is installed?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
These are really good questions....unfortunately I cant answer any of them. The weight of your body is right there but, I have read of people being in the 280 range and say the ski is still awesome.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes the screw holes are already their, and yes you can use the reboarding step just like it says in the manual with your knees (see manual), and I'm a pretty big guy no problem love my spark

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Me and my girlfriend weigh 360 lbs. And the ski moves nicely with us both on it

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
And there you have it.......I didnt want to make a false statement since I am only 180lbs. Now go buy that ski and have fun!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Im a big boy and I can reboard without the boarding step . Id most likely snap it off if I tried to use one anyway. Heck the hardest part is just reaching the seat handle. I have to grab the tow ring first . If your getting a HO there is no way you wont be happy.
On the other hand if I was going to ride double ALL the time then I might try out the bigger machines. Sparks are really more of a sports car like a pontiac solstace or miata. The 3up spark can work fine but I think the dedicated 3up battleships have more floatation for the less nimble of us. Ive had those before and you can literally walk around on the sides without rolling them over . With a spark you need to balance a little or your going in the drink.
But for me I like a personal one person play machine which the spark absolutely rocks at.

·
Registered
114 Posts
just my experience riding 2 up on a 3 up spark in touring mode lags a little bit and i was somewhat dissapointed.
sport mode is a beast though a very big difference all together and whoevers on the back better hold on!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I weigh 300lbs and this thing performs amazing! I have used the boarding step multiple times with no issues. Just don't bounce around on it I guess. With my wife on as well we are right at 430 and it rides great as well.

I will tell you that if you break the 450lb weight limit it is VERY difficult to control. I had someone else on it with me and was at 475 and couldn't come back out of a tight turn. It was kind of funny and right off the marina's dock so we looked pretty dumb...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts