SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - Was winterizing/flushing my ski after a trip to FL today. Pumped the oil out, cranked ski over without starting to get the rest out of the oil filter casing. Added the rest of a gallon of oil from previous oil change, grabbed the next gallon and poured about 4 ounces in. Immediately noticed that it was red in color, and realized the dealer gave me a gallon of 2 stroke oil instead. I just stopped, as I have no access to parts / oil here. I'm planning to tow back to MI (3 day drive.) I will just suck all of it back out, and maybe add some more and pump out again.

Do any of you see any harm in not cranking the motor over to relube the head/cams for a couple days? I really don't want to distribute that stuff into the motor.

Thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
Two stroke oil is oil just the same . The engine would run happily on it with no damage. The viscosity and addative package would be wrong for what it needs to do though so it would might breakdown quickly .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.