SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had or heard of hull failures due to aggressive riding? I'm concerned about cracking the plastic hull when jumping big waves and doing broncos in the Great Lakes. Xdrian have you had any hull integrity issues when doing your broncos? I know SeaDoo doesn't recommend aggressive riding on the spark, but the machine almost begs to be pushed.

Thanks,
Quackdoc
2014 2-Up SparkHO IBR

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ruff riding I haven't had any hull issues so far but just don't run into anything.

As for broncos no problems as you land nose first and it just eases in the water and goes down as far as it wants.
I have gone straight down passed the handle bars, So make sure you check recall for handle bars first my was ok, but to be sure I have made my own handle bar mode easy see link of modes

As for tail landings I haven't had a problem but I do more broncos see link re rear mode some people have broken the back section out due to the water grabbing back edge and breaking I have added a rubber hose to underside as a deflector of the water so it will not grab with so much force and brake out.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=211369

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=218700&highlight=handle+bar+fix

and something for fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0HiRRgUehw

Has anybody had or heard of hull failures due to aggressive riding? I'm concerned about cracking the plastic hull when jumping big waves and doing broncos in the Great Lakes. Xdrian have you had any hull integrity issues when doing your broncos? I know SeaDoo doesn't recommend aggressive riding on the spark, but the machine almost begs to be pushed.

Thanks,
Quackdoc
2014 2-Up SparkHO IBR

·
Registered
233 Posts
I do remember handle bars breaking from aggressive riding so I wouldn't put it past the hull to break if you aren't treating it nicely. Have you tried using the search bar to look for threads on cracked hulls?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I done about 90 hours of hard surf riding on one ski and about 30 mostly in the surf on another. No hull problems. Most important is how you land it. For your body as well as your ski.
A mate just broken a handlebar on a bad landing. so Xdrian , love the idea of the handle bar brace. I will be doing that asap.

Another mate lost his knee- side covers in a high speed get off in the white water. White covers in white water, we couldn't find them. I have all meant to put a piece of cord between then so now that's on the do now list too.

He also hit his head. A reminder - wear a helmet. You will find experienced riders do.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I done about 90 hours of hard surf riding on one ski and about 30 mostly in the surf on another. No hull problems. Most important is how you land it. For your body as well as your ski.
A mate just broken a handlebar on a bad landing. so Xdrian , love the idea of the handle bar brace. I will be doing that asap.

Another mate lost his knee- side covers in a high speed get off in the white water. White covers in white water, we couldn't find them. I have all meant to put a piece of cord between then so now that's on the do now list too.

He also hit his head. A reminder - wear a helmet. You will find experienced riders do.
Yea if you are going to be doing aggressive riding you should definitely take some extra safety precautions. I wouldn't be too worried about the hull, but the handle bars are something to be careful of. Other than that you should just make sure that you are being safe with a helmet and not doing anything too stupid. :p

·
Registered
224 Posts
if xdrian isn't breaking hulls, then I don't think breaking hulls are a likely problem. Search for his posts. The guy rides like a beast.

If one or 2 people have damaged hulls from aggressive riding, I think they are either on defective hulls or in shallow water. You just don't hear about the problem very often.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts