SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a new wet suit for use in the "winter" (air temp 65 to 75 degrees F, water temp at its coldest is 60 to 65 degrees F) in south Florida. I haven't bought a wet suit in a long time and I was looking for some tips.

2mm, 3mm, 2/3mm, shorty or shorts & vest, stretchy material, name brands (water-ski name brand vs SCUBA name brand)?

I'd appreciate any ideas, thanks ahead of time!

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
I surf down here through the "Winter" lol and was in need of another suit. I was thinking something in the 2mil range shortie should be enough. Maybe try a local surf shop to get a better idea of what you need and try on what they have to find out what's comfortable for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maine

You are almost describing summer here in Maine! Although the water temps in the lakes might reach 79-80 if it is a hot summer... but the North Atlantic...NOT!

My husband and I just purchased 2 2016 Sparks- will 3mm suits be enough up here in the spring? Water temp no higher than 50- are temp on a good day 50 ish

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
You are almost describing summer here in Maine! Although the water temps in the lakes might reach 79-80 if it is a hot summer... but the North Atlantic...NOT!

My husband and I just purchased 2 2016 Sparks- will 3mm suits be enough up here in the spring? Water temp no higher than 50- are temp on a good day 50 ish

You should be fine although at that temp I wouldn't want to fall into the water. You may want to look into at least a 4mm spring suit in case you go overboard.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.