SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new car with a hitch and need to know the height of the trailer off the ground (when the trailer is level, at towing height). My trailer and Spark are at the lake, so I can't measure. I have the standard Spark trailer from the dealer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Actually, I just measured mine yesterday while trying to determine the size of a trailer jack that I'd like to buy and install. The height of my level trailer from the ground up to the bottom of the coupler (front tip) is 13".

·
Registered
125 Posts
I went outside to take more measurements! The tongue of the trailer is level when the bottom of the coupler is 13" off the ground. The trailer is a tricky thing to measure due to how it was put together and who makes it. Mine is a Continental trailer. For example, the tongue and the planks are on different planes in my case. So, I decide to measure the levelness of the hull of the Spark. The hull is level when the bottom of the coupler is 14.5" off the ground. I was measuring these things because I have been wanting to know how to get the Spark level in order to check the oil. I'm going with the levelness of the hull.

I have a Mazda3, Draw Tite hitch, 2" ball and a 5" rise tow bar. When the trailer is attached to the car, the bottom of the coupler is 15.25" off the ground.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts