SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of purchasing 2 sparks, I live in Lagoon City Ontario Canada. I have about 10 miles of Lagoons to go through before I reach open water. My questions is how easy is it to control BRP Sparks in no wake zones. I know in my boat I'm constantly doing steering corrections Will it be the same with the spark?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Look at your laws again. I read florida's law again and no wake zone means no wake speed or as slow as you can go with normal steering. Spark idles around 3mph and weaves. At 4 or 5 its straight and thats what i do in no wake zones. Hardest part is holding the throttle so precisely for a duration.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply, I don't really have to worry about the law enforcement, It's just the courtesy of the docked boats at the cottages. Great to know so at 4 mph will there be no wake? Good advice about the constant holding holding of the throttle, never even thought about that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Look at your laws again. I read florida's law again and no wake zone means no wake speed or as slow as you can go with normal steering. Spark idles around 3mph and weaves. At 4 or 5 its straight and thats what i do in no wake zones. Hardest part is holding the throttle so precisely for a duration.
Ha. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the weaving. Thought I was crazy or something.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I always say ride one before you buy one they have test ride all over the place. I think they ride stable but not as stable as my Rxp. So just to be safe go for a ride.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thinking of purchasing 2 sparks, I live in Lagoon City Ontario Canada. I have about 10 miles of Lagoons to go through before I reach open water. My questions is how easy is it to control BRP Sparks in no wake zones. I know in my boat I'm constantly doing steering corrections Will it be the same with the spark?
We have no problem staying under the 10km speed limit through the canals (ie: lock 45).

·
Registered
42 Posts
I thought my Spark had a no wake zone throttle setting because I can go just past idle and at 5-6 mph it just stays there and I glide through the no wake zone w/o touching the throttle. Maybe my throttle lever is just tight and sticks?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts