SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'Day everyone. I've just taken delivery this week of my 3up with IBR. Got the orange colour 2015 model with the convenience package with a cover thrown in. The three year warranty was the clincher for me.

I've had it out for an hour or so and already love it. Looking forward to more time out and enjoying the great outdoors coming into summer here in Oz.

I live near Nambucca Heads about half way between Sydney and Brisbane. I'm about 3 minutes drive from the river where there is a very friendly boat ramp and docking area.

Anyhow would love to see more Oz related posts ..

·
Registered
307 Posts
hey ****, congrats on your purchase!
We picked ours up at the end of Sept, same for us the 3 year warranty was really the clincher - def made it worth it.

I'm in Adelaide, we got a yellow 2up 90HP with IBR.
love this machine already :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi ****

I am about to put a deposit down today on a new 90hp 2up with IBR can not wait to get out on the water and see what these things can do! I'm also another aussie from adelaide!

Where do you ride Tash? River?

Cheers

Steve

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi ****

I am about to put a deposit down today on a new 90hp 2up with IBR can not wait to get out on the water and see what these things can do! I'm also another aussie from adelaide!

Where do you ride Tash? River?

Cheers

Steve

I've got 5 hours on mine so far and love it. Have fun with it mate

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey ****, congrats on your purchase!

I'm in Adelaide, we got a yellow 2up 90HP with IBR.
love this machine already :)
I'm glad I got IBR. It's already saved me from an encounter with a rock and it just makes launching easier. Having a ball with this machine.

Btw, I also ride bikes and it was either a bike or a ski when I was younger so the bike won out. Now I'm old I can have both! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm glad I got IBR. It's already saved me from an encounter with a rock and it just makes launching easier. Having a ball with this machine.

Btw, I also ride bikes and it was either a bike or a ski when I was younger so the bike won out. Now I'm old I can have both! :)
IBR for the win...
it stopped me from going over a whale..
it's great for both riding on and off the trailer..
I can't see myself ever getting a ski without it now that I have had it..
manual reverse WTF..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Tash and Steve.

I'm about to put down a deposit on a Spark tomorrow, but the new 2016 model. New colours and redesigned IBR.

Did you guys get the Oct special?

Where you guys live in Adelaide?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Tash and Steve.

I'm about to put down a deposit on a Spark tomorrow, but the new 2016 model. New colours and redesigned IBR.

Did you guys get the Oct special?

Where you guys live in Adelaide?
Hey!

I live in the modbury area. Yes i just got in time to get the oct special.
2016 model will be sweet! What colour did you go with? And when will you get your ski?

Are you another south aussie?

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Steve, I'm Port Adelaide area. I'm undecided on colour yet. Initially thinking the Chilli Pepper (Red) but leaning towards the Blueberry or Pineapple again. Def not Vanilla or Kawasaki Green. Haha.

Only the Blueberry in stock at moment so see what that looks like first and go from there. I do like the Orange one though but the new IBR is pushing me towards the 16 models.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow that soon! I didn't realise
they were coming to australia this side of christmas.

I like the blue! But the red may make you go faster ?

What have they changed on the new IBR?

·
Registered
307 Posts
hey mate,
ooooh nice, they didn't have the 2016 model available when I got mine, simply cause I wanted it before the October long weekend haha.

Word is the IBR on the Spark is the '2nd Gen' anyway so I wasn't too bothered, but would be interested to compare.
Yes I still got the October special - I think the warranty alone is worth it, and I can say everyone in my family has needed the re-boarding step lol.

We're in Hope Valley (near TTP)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yea the October special was too good to miss! With the boarding step is it easiest to put your knee on it to get up?
Also if you are stepping onto the ski from a jetty is it stable?

Pick mine up tomorrow! Can not wait

·
Registered
307 Posts
yes put your knee on the step, reach up & grab the back of the ski and pull yourself up.

haven't boarded it from a jetty, we've only taken it up the river. Safest way to get on I found was from the back - getting on from the side can result in tippage lol.
but from a jetty you will probably be able to do that safer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I haven't got the step yet as the dealer didn't have them in stock. On the very first ride with my wife on the back the river was very choppy with a big headwind and we fell in. I was turning and we got a big wobble up! Both of us managed to reboard (without the step) which was a relief. We're in our late fifties so we did well I reckon.

We both found it pretty uncomfortable on the knees though and will have to get the softer grip mat. Either that or stop falling in!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts