SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
For the last few weeks all of my image uploads have failed. I'm only half way to my file limit...
I have no idea why. Have tried multiple times with multiple images on different browsers. No success.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have tried to upload JPG, BMP and PNG using two different computers with three different browsers (IE, Chrome & Firefox) without any luck. The images are immediately rejected by the forum.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The permissions are fine. Looked at both usergroup and forum permissions. Have you guys tried this in different browsers and layouts?

Lee
Hey Lee! I think it may be folder based permissions... Here is how to fix it

You have open_basedir restrictions on your server. To get uploads to work you need to create a 'tmp' subdirectory under your main host directory and chmod it to 777. Then in the Admin CP set "Upload In Safe Mode?" to 'Yes' and point the "Safe Mode Temp Directory" to that directory. If you placed the tmp directory in the right place, the path to the Safe Mode Temp Directory will be:

/home/SEADOOSPARKFORUMUSERNAME/tmp

Also the php.ini setting for 'upload_tmp_dir' is empty. It's possible you (as root) or your host will need to edit php.ini and set 'upload_tmp_dir' to point to the full path to a directory on the server that is chmod'd to 1777. You will also need to restart Apache after making this change.

That should fix the problem!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.