SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to start my Spark before heading to the river and it was dead. I saw a previous post about loose cables and yep, they were loose. Tightened and still nothing. Took out battery to put on charger and I noticed my battery said "Polaris" and had a crack on the side. I took my Spark to the dealership for wear ring repair a few weeks ago. Do you think they put the wrong battery back in my Spark after repair or does Seadoo put "Polaris" batteries in all the new Sparks. I'm not happy and will be on the phone Tuesday morning.
Attached a picture of crappy dead battery.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
There should be no qualms about replacing the battery at least because of your warranty. Too bad that it burnt out so quickly though. i'm sure they are not supposed to do that. I would just cross your fingers that it won't be too long to order in a new battery. maybe they even already have one and you won't have to wait at all.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I tried to start my Spark before heading to the river and it was dead. I saw a previous post about loose cables and yep, they were loose. Tightened and still nothing. Took out battery to put on charger and I noticed my battery said "Polaris" and had a crack on the side. I took my Spark to the dealership for wear ring repair a few weeks ago. Do you think they put the wrong battery back in my Spark after repair or does Seadoo put "Polaris" batteries in all the new Sparks. I'm not happy and will be on the phone Tuesday morning.
Attached a picture of crappy dead battery.
What basterds!!!! Where did you take your spark in for repair? Looks like some shady person did a switcharoni on your NEW battery and replaced with THEIR old. Try and look for the date and batch sticker. if its anything before 2013 then you know for sure some ashat pulled that off.

First time I ever seen a cracked yuasa. :eek:

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
None of the SEA-DOO batteries say Polaris on them. The dealer either took your brand new battery when they set it up or switched it when you brought it in for the wear ring. My guess is they put that battery in there when they set it up.

I would highly recommend finding a new dealer. I saw your other post about how you were charged 3 hours plus parts for a new wear ring. I've had the pump out twice in our Spark and I can have a wear ring replaced in under a half an hour no problem. It sounds like your dealer has really taken advantage of you by not giving you a brand new battery and overcharging you for your repair. Time to find a new dealer.

·
Registered
437 Posts
None of the SEA-DOO batteries say Polaris on them. The dealer either took your brand new battery when they set it up or switched it when you brought it in for the wear ring. My guess is they put that battery in there when they set it up.

I would highly recommend finding a new dealer. I saw your other post about how you were charged 3 hours plus parts for a new wear ring. I've had the pump out twice in our Spark and I can have a wear ring replaced in under a half an hour no problem. It sounds like your dealer has really taken advantage of you by not giving you a brand new battery and overcharging you for your repair. Time to find a new dealer.
I fully agree with you Jet one. Well, let us know what how everything goes with the situation. Hopefully it wasn't too much of a hassle for them to give YOUR battery back. I'd be furious but not worth it to get nutty over. Poor and dishonest service puts them in the blacklist. Be careful who you do your service and repairs with guys.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think this would be a great opportunity for everyone to write some reviews of their dealerships where their spark gets serviced. It'll be helpful to fellow sparkers or even potential buyers. Avoid the shaddy shacks right?

Admin should create a section or thread dedicated to dealer and shop feedback ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Called dealer service and got the run around. I told him it was a "Polaris" battery in a Seadoo Spark and he said that is what came in it. I was in disbelief of his knowledge so I still need to change it out since it won't hold a charge and is cracked. I am off on Fridays and asked if I came in then could he switch out the battery while I waited since I live an hour away. He said he would have to diagnose the dead battery problem and if the battery needed to be replaced under warranty. I may have to pay up front and be reimbursed later because he couldn't get the warranty paperwork processed by close of business Friday because BRP is in Canada. That's if I wanted to use my Spark this weekend.
I then called Seadoo and they assured me that Seadoo does not put "Polaris" batteries in any of their products. They do use the same manufacture, YUASA. He said I need to take my Spark to the dealer and get my correct battery put in the unit. He also gave me a service call reference number if I have any further problems.
I will let you know the outcome Friday.
I am looking for a good Seadoo service department in Texas.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went to dealership to swap out battery. Service Manager was very respectful and apologetiic for his staff. Totally different attitude from my initial phone call with him. Here is the correct battery for the Spark. Good service is hard to find. My salesman saw me in service and came by to see what was wrong and he was also apologetic. Happy again and ready to ride this weekend.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts