SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2014 original 3-up Spark with the extended deck on it, and have noticed bringing it out of winter storage this spring, that over the years the wearing from the straps is getting pretty bad in discolouration and scratching on the sides. I tried to pool noodle trick for years but they dry out and wear out, and end up breaking. Does anyone know any good tie down straps with rubber or something that would cause less rubbing damage and is easily available?

I am going to try the light heat gun trick to bring back the colour that was faded out, but am also looking at changing the colour of my machine so that might also replace that part.

Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well after doing some research last night, I've found a product I'm going to give a shot called Polar Fleece Tie Strap Sleeve Covers.

They are made from neoprene (the same stuff all the new life jackets are made from) and slide onto the strap and stay there.

Once I get them I'll test them out and report back. They are a bit pricey, but trying to fix the damage in the future from Tie down straps might be worth it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been wondering this too. My 2021 already shows signs of wear from the strap. I could easily see how over time this could get bad. I was considering fabricating wear plates to lift the strap in certain places. Only if it looks good though.

Would like to see how your fleece works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts