SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've got a couple of Spark 90 HO I'm trying to get tuned.

I've seen 5 different companies out there.
Seems DynoJet Power Vision 3 lets you edit your own tune files.

Which one is the BEST performing/safest for the spark? Thank you

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Spooby,
I put the Riva Racing Stage 3 8600 on my 2021 3up. I installed the Solas 12 14 impeller and ribbon delete. Noticeable launch and throttle response and a few mph top end. I haven't had any issues yet with check engine or limp mode with it after 20 hours ride time. Riva Racing claims that they do rigorous testing already for before they sell the tunes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Spooby,
I put the Riva Racing Stage 3 8600 on my 2021 3up. I installed the Solas 12 14 impeller and ribbon delete. Noticeable launch and throttle response and a few mph top end. I haven't had any issues yet with check engine or limp mode with it after 20 hours ride time. Riva Racing claims that they do rigorous testing already for before they sell the tunes.
Awesome man thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I second the Riva tunes recommendation. Just don’t ever switch around your ECU’s between the two Sparks to troubleshoot. Because if you try and attempt at programming the tunes again, you will get VIN locked out of your tunes. I know because I did it. I don’t know if I can ever get my access back haven’t tried after reading the horror stories in several forums.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I second the Riva tunes recommendation. Just don’t ever switch around your ECU’s between the two Sparks to troubleshoot. Because if you try and attempt at programming the tunes again, you will get VIN locked out of your tunes. I know because I did it. I don’t know if I can ever get my access back haven’t tried after reading the horror stories in several forums.
I ended up writing my own tunes, I own a tuning business and I was trying to see everyone's opinions on the spark tunes. The Riva maptuner is HORRIBLY OVER PRICED! you have to pay another $250 to be able to diagnose and clear check engine lights? You have to pay another $250 in order to edit your own tune files after purchasing the unit for $400 and then paying another $500 to get a tuning license? why on Earth isn't the diagnostic feature to reset your maintenance intervals or any check engine lights included for free?

SFT tuned..90 REC fuel, water temps 80s. Sea level. Currently running 8,500 RPMs with a stock trixx/stock spark hitting 51 mph (previously 47 mph trixx / 48 mph spark) the throttle response amazing!

Yes, if you've tuned one of them and then swap the ECU it's going to have a different VIN. However you can always get the B.U.D.S and change the VIN on your other ECU... As long as the software is the same.

But you can also purchase another license and retune the new ECU.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts