SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So I just attempted to blow out the system with 50 psi air. I used this -
- air gun and I know there was excellent airflow because there was exhaust smoke coming out. All I got was a few drips. Does it have something to do with it being out of the water for 3 weeks?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yeah. The system as per the manual is "self draining" so the air flushing is just for good measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I read the manual... apparently not well enough :p So if it's self draining, does that mean ALL the water is eventually drained out?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'm sure there is still some low spots that could collect water. That's what I assume the air flushing is for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The cooling system isn't designed to be under pressure. It is circulated using a Venturi style pump so very low pressure. That's why the service manual suggests no higher than 50 p.s.i. Even though it is free flowing system water built up in a line could create a head pressure and possible burst one of the lines if the pressure is high enough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2021 spark - I hooked up compressed air as per manual and NO water came out. I did not run the engine as the manual did not say to. Shut off compressor and lifted the nose of the jetski up to eye level and a cup or two of water poured out. What gives? Was that adequate? Do I need to run the engine with the air on?. Don't want to risk freeze-up. The effectiveness of the use of compressed air confuses me because the system seem open and the air just flows out the back without ever building up much pressure. I have blown household water lines and with spigots closed it is easy to force water to the end and then open the spigot to blow the line clean

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hooked up shop vac exhaust 2 the water inlet and the suction to the exhaust portal and pulled out maybe a cup of water

21 - 31 of 31 Posts