SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading that the boating industry is following a similar trend to the PWC industry. Before the recession, the powerboat industry was selling approximately 800,000 used units a year and 300,000 used ones. Now used sales are around the same, but new sales have dropped significantly.

One new boat on the market is made by Brunswick. It is a 35-foot boat with a price that is less than the model it replaced, and people have flocked to it. Brunswick has had to triple the production from what was initially planned.

The other types of boats that have been selling well are small fiberglass and aluminum outboard powered boats 26 feet or less in size. Also pontoon boats.

Just in case you guys would be interested in getting a more affordable boat as well.

Boat builders reducing prices to get more buyers aboard

·
Registered
337 Posts
Actually what I'm really curious about is if the Sparks construction/ idea behind leightweight low cost rigs will be able to translate to Sea Doos Jet boat business. The boats are cool but a bit pricey. Well not pricey compared to a Donzi but I think y'all know what I'm saying :D

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Wow, can't say I didn't see this coming, with people looking to take a more minimal approach this is good to see. I noticed more entry-level motorcycles have been releasing as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts