SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I took the ribbon restrictor/back fire arrestor off. Added an extension to the cold air intake waterbox. Noticeable difference on the acceleration. 3 spark length lead from the stock to full speed. Added aluminum straight pipe from exhaust waterbox. Sounds great in the water. My buddy with the grimlin is jealous my parts sound louder

·
Registered
63 Posts
Today I took the ribbon restrictor/back fire arrestor off. Added an extension to the cold air intake waterbox. Noticeable difference on the acceleration. 3 spark length lead from the stock to full speed. Added aluminum straight pipe from exhaust waterbox. Sounds great in the water. My buddy with the grimlin is jealous my parts sound louder
Please share some photos/videos if you got them :D

·
Registered
196 Posts
So it takes off faster, but still as the top speed close to the 49mph correct? Pic would be nice if you have it

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes all my research shows that impeller, wear ring, exhaust, intake, and vtech only increase acceleration; and have little to no impact on top end. Only one I am unsure of is the turbo.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And now I just learned that even turbo gets you only 6-8 mph more on the top end. So it's not really cost effective if you want higher top end speeds. I think people do it because the crafts hull is not as stable in the water making it a lot of fun to do power slides, high jumps and other tricks. Acceleration is key to doing those tricks so VTEC and turbo are cost effective in that realm.

·
Registered
196 Posts
And now I just learned that even turbo gets you only 6-8 mph more on the top end. So it's not really cost effective if you want higher top end speeds. I think people do it because the crafts hull is not as stable in the water making it a lot of fun to do power slides, high jumps and other tricks. Acceleration is key to doing those tricks so VTEC and turbo are cost effective in that realm.
yeah i have learned that in the past two weeks searching ways, wonder if their is a engine that replace the 900ace without any issues.....:nerd:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.