SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well pretty much as the title say i had the recall done and today i broke my handlebars, so to answer everyone's questions yes its possible to break them even after the recall. gonna call the dealer and sea doo morrow and see what they say. I cant imagine that it wont be covered. i guess unless seadoo develops metal replacement bars im gonna have to suck it up and buy the metal ones.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heard the pop while riding it landed in water off a small wake off a boat. Took the white cover off and it's split. Called the dealer he obv wants it back like yesterday. Gonna see when he can get the part in stock and give me a call to schedule it. Hoping he can by morrow riding season is almost over here in ny

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Ya know, that fix they have on the another thread might be worth looking into. Might have saved that break since the metal piece goes across the top.

·
Registered
289 Posts
What did they even do to fix it, if the problem still persists once they worked on it the first time? Are they going to replace them with the exact same bars yet again? Will this be cyclical?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
The word is that the ones being recalled were supposed to have had a bad mixture and that is why they broke. I'm not sure why the new ones would break except for maybe we are all pushing these beyond their intended limits.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i got the call from the dealer today my bars are back ordered till sometime next month now, so my season is over....... they are gonna replace them with the "recalled" part which im sure i will break again next season. maybe ill just save up and buy the metal ones for next season. i did call corporate to inform them and the lady told me to keep them up to date one the progress so they can keep in mind the timeline for my compensation so that keeps me kinda hopeful.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Wow that sucks. I think they should have replaced them with metal ones, and made them with metal to begin with. I wonder if the 2015's will have metal ones.

I'm glad they are going to replace them again for you Ssatz089. I read somewhere ( don't remember where ) that the Spark was made / geared towards calm lake riding.

If I were going to be doing tricks and going nuts ( not saying that you were ssatz980) I wouldn't be doing it on a Spark, but that's just me. I'm trying to ride in a way that my cheap plastic toy will last.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Not me. I bought this thing knowing what it was intended for and use it to what i like...wave jumping! Which seems to be a lot less agressive than lake riding since everyone breaking their ski was riding calmly on the lake. :confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts