SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, brand new to the Forum so please have patience as I did search the forums and didn't see an answer. I have a 2016 Spark 3Up, great machine. I stepped on the clip that got sonto the post and broke it into a number of tiny shards of plastic. If I hold the key onto the round post it will fire up. Just need it ti clip on. Is it necessary to buy and pay the programming or is there a key housing that you pop the DESS part into? So far the inter webs of various searches have provided no firm answer.I have the green learning DESS key and wonder if the clip can somehow be taken off that and placed onto the new one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sparks are non-Dess…..just pick up a new one from dealer…..no programming required
Sparks are usually non dess unless you upgrade. I have because you can start your ski with a small magnet on the post. Try it and you will upgrade too. Enjoy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sparks are usually non dess unless you upgrade. I have because you can start your ski with a small magnet on the post. Try it and you will upgrade too. Enjoy
Mine is DESS, it's a 2016 and it has a programme key. I'm just trying to see if the clip can be replaced with out the new key and programming fee - in Canada it's $75 + $75. Kind of feels like a bit of a hose job.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine is DESS, it's a 2016 and it has a programme key. I'm just trying to see if the clip can be replaced with out the new key and programming fee - in Canada it's $75 + $75. Kind of feels like a bit of a hose job.
Updated update. Magnet enables screen and power on, reading key message error and no start capable so it is a DESS key. I can start it with the broken key - all I wanted was the darn clip. Seems no solution for that other than some home made clip.

·
Registered
24 Posts
No you need new key programmed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Down here I have an extra key I could give you in USA abs my dealer only charges 20 to add a key
A kind gesture, thank you. The dealers here charge $75 to program and $75 for the key. Heading to the lake for a week next Friday so looks like the dealer wins :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wish my lake was good I just hit a rock last weekend. Need to swap my riva intake grate before I can take it out I down want to to crack and ruin the ski. I kit a jagged edge rock I got the hull right near the grate but I sanded it down a bit so I’ll wait till the hull is worse to change down the road with an insurance claim or just let it go. Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts