SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the market for a pineapple 2 up.

Anybody got any tips for avoiding the extra fee's added at the end?

This is the first time ive ever bought something from a dealer so I dont want to get took.

Thanks!

·
Registered
259 Posts
In Florida most places aren't willing to budge in price at all - including the dealer fees.
You'll want to look somewhere that has a surplus of Sparks in stock or wait until off-season to really get a good deal. The only problem is that you may not be able to pick your options if you're just buying the leftovers.
Assuming you have several dealers in reasonable distance, make sure you shop around and get quotes for out-the-door prices. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples - i.e. don't compare a 60hp without trailer to a 90HP with IBR, trailer and convenience package. If the dealer won't give you a copy of the quote, take a picture of it while the salesman isn't looking (I actually encountered this). If they won't deal you can always walk away; as much as I love my Spark it is absolutely not something that I need .

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well if they dont knock off the fee's i will be walking away.

Im willing to pay 4999 (msrp) plus taxs and title/reg fees.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well called a dealer playing the "that dealer said they will do this, can you match" card.

Not only am I not going to pay extra fee's... Im getting it under msrp (4799).

Im a happy camper

·
Registered
306 Posts
Personally I prefer the 90 version instead of aftermarket tuning.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a 90HP model than to buy a 60HP, tuner and flash license?
No how do you figure itd be cheaper?.... I dont want 90 hp anyway. Im planning on running the 110 tune for a bit then e85 120hp tune... So the 90hp model is pointless to me..

On top of tuning it yourself being cheaper.... you have a tuner you get to keep to read codes, erase codes etc.
Good luck getting your ski out of limp mode if it ever gets stuck in it without one (without taking it to the dealer)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a 90HP model than to buy a 60HP, tuner and flash license?
No how do you figure itd be cheaper?.... I dont want 90 hp anyway. Im planning on running the 110 tune for a bit then e85 120hp tune... So the 90hp model is pointless to me..

On top of tuning it yourself being cheaper.... you have a tuner you get to keep to read codes, erase codes etc.
Good luck getting your ski out of limp mode if it ever gets stuck in it without one (without taking it to the dealer)

It wouldn't be cheaper for what you're planning on doing. It would not even be possible without the tuner, of course. However I did not know you were planning on running e85 or that your are knowledgeable enough about working on skis to do the work yourself. I was making the suggestion based on cost alone.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Personally I prefer the 90 version instead of aftermarket tuning.

It wouldn't be cheaper for what you're planning on doing. It would not even be possible without the tuner, of course. However I did not know you were planning on running e85 or that your are knowledgeable enough about working on skis to do the work yourself. I was making the suggestion based on cost alone.
Oh i see.
Turning wrenches isnt new to me. When I was 20 I had an eclipse gst that I modded up. And have rebuilt a few dirtbike engines as well... almost forgot the seadoo gsx that I have that needs to be fixed every ride (also bulit up some 550sx kawi's a few years ago).

·
Registered
306 Posts
Have you ran both?
I tuned my mazdaspeed3 with the Cobb tuning and fried my ECM. COBB TUNING refunded everything plus they paid me 2000$ the price that I paid to have the ECM fixed but I lost my warranty because of it. It was in 2010. I'll pesonnaly wait for the end of the warranty

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I tuned my mazdaspeed3 with the Cobb tuning and fried my ECM. COBB TUNING refunded everything plus they paid me 2000$ the price that I paid to have the ECM fixed but I lost my warranty because of it. It was in 2010. I'll pesonnaly wait for the end of the warranty

Well you dont tune boosted cars off a set tune like that anyway.. thats not the right way. Its not even tuning imo. Its flashing the ecu. Tuning is tuning.
My eclipse gst and 350z have a standalone ecu. Tuned on a dyno. Been running the tunes for years... no issues.
Not saying what you did was right or wrong (idk what you even did or didnt do to make the ecu fail or if it was even you) but a car is different than a n/a sea doo. Yes in this case it is technically flashing the ecu and vtech has made it so you can recover your ecu if lost.

An ecu frying because of a flash isnt that common to my knowledge (or something electrical happened)

·
Registered
306 Posts
They don't even know what was the cose of the ECM to die. I was the first one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts