SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a pair of 2016 seadoo sparks 3up both have low hours less than 50... it seems like im going through alot of oil... i only had them out twice so far... before my ladt time out one was barely showing anything on the stick and the other was ok... now the other is barely showing any oil on the stick and the other is at the minimum line...and both were full before being put in the water...now with all that being said i see no visible signs of an oil leak...i saw absolutely no oil coming out ofcthe drain plug when I cleaned and flushed them..both seem to run fine and no idiot lights on the instrument panel... i would appreciate any suggestions or ideas on what to check

·
Registered
1 Posts
i just bought myself a spark as well

coming from a 2 stroke to a 4 stroke is a big difference

Oil issue could be lack of compression and being burnt in the chamber

run your ski and see if its burning black smoke which burning oil. Also check compression

I recently purchased a pair of 2016 seadoo sparks 3up both have low hours less than 50... it seems like im going through alot of oil... i only had them out twice so far... before my ladt time out one was barely showing anything on the stick and the other was ok... now the other is barely showing any oil on the stick and the other is at the minimum line...and both were full before being put in the water...now with all that being said i see no visible signs of an oil leak...i saw absolutely no oil coming out ofcthe drain plug when I cleaned and flushed them..both seem to run fine and no idiot lights on the instrument panel... i would appreciate any suggestions or ideas on what to check

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just bought myself a spark as well

coming from a 2 stroke to a 4 stroke is a big difference

Oil issue could be lack of compression and being burnt in the chamber

run your ski and see if its burning black smoke which burning oil. Also check compression
Blue/white ish smoke is burning oil, black smoke is running rich. Do a compression test, it's a big help in determining the shape of your piston rings

1 - 4 of 4 Posts