SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:
No matter how many times you launch your PWC, back it up just right, take it out, only to find that it’s taking on water. Duh, forgot to screw in the drain plug. Luckily my son, who was riding it at the time, came back to the pier quick enough not to cause it get a lot of water inside the hull. After we got it back on the trailer and was leaving for the day pissed off, I remembered there was a Lowe’s nearby and took a chance they would have something that would work. For 87 cents we found PVC pipe plug that matched drain plug threads and screwed into the drain plug just fine. The part number #23526 and you can find it the plumbing section where the PVC piping is. Don’t waste your money on ordering one from Seadoo, they will only ripped you off. Plus you have to pay for shipping and handling. Of course it doesn’t have a lanyard attached anymore, but trust me, I won’t forget to screw it in next time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Newer seadoos have a check valve inline with the drain plug. I would assume the spark does as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
274 Posts
Newer seadoos have a check valve inline with the drain plug. I would assume the spark does as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes, the spark does have a anti-backflow valve in the drain, he must have had something stuck in the ball for it to be taking on water, I have driven mine without the plug in it without any problems. I haven't had very much water come out of the drain anytime I have taken it out and even though I have a bilge pump there is always some water in the bottom of the hull, my wife's machine never has water in it, but she doesn't drive it the way I drive mine! so I don't even take the plugs out anymore.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Not bad at all, great alternative to buying one from seadoo. Some company out there should look into making their own version of the OEM version.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Right after I bought my Spark the drain plug disappeared after driving home from the lake as we have cannot transport with the drain plug in. I purchased a garden hose shut off valve so I can easily just open and close the valve and not have to worry about loosing a drain plug again.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Right after I bought my Spark the drain plug disappeared after driving home from the lake as we have cannot transport with the drain plug in. I purchased a garden hose shut off valve so I can easily just open and close the valve and not have to worry about loosing a drain plug again.
I have seen something like that for cars, great thing to use. How good of a product is the one you got? Know the name and model number?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this thread is old, but trying to find a Spark drain plug locally failed for me.

Did find some on ebay for $13 but the idea here for the hose/PVC plug seems cost effective for piece of mind purposes.

The lowes item mentioned above by WhoDatv52 for the Lowes part #23526 is a 1/2" hose plug, should be able to get them almost any hardware store.

Here is Lowe's item link: http://www.lowes.com/pd_23526-1815-450005RMC_0__?productId=3371540

Just an update:

The 1/2" is too small for the 2015 Sparks.
I had to purchase the 3/4" ones for them to fit: below is the link to Lowe's for the 3/4" ones

http://www.lowes.com/pd_23524-1815-450007RMC___?productId=3371536&pl=1&Ntt=lasco+3/4

1 - 11 of 11 Posts