SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have daughters, 5 & 6, and want to buy a Spark. We aren’t concerned with storage, speed, or long distance comfort. Just need to know if these are adequate size to enjoy with a small child. 2up, 3up? Im about 220lbs, so not small, but I don’t want the children uncomfortable and to immediately wish we got something more.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have had a 15 year old, a 9 year old and one time two 9 year olds for a three seat trial. I am 165lbs

They all can be done. Just one 9 year old was a bit unstable at launch and very much so on turns. The 15 year old second seat made it roll on a tighter turn and dumped us both.

Also takes on water when standing still with passengers. Doesn't sink but is a bit unnerving for some until you get used to it.

There's no footwell drain so it will stay filled unless you raise the front a bit.

Fine for cruising but just have to be more careful with passengers if you don't want to get wet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have daughters, 5 & 6, and want to buy a Spark. We aren’t concerned with storage, speed, or long distance comfort. Just need to know if these are adequate size to enjoy with a small child. 2up, 3up? Im about 220lbs, so not small, but I don’t want the children uncomfortable and to immediately wish we got something more.
I am also 220 and I have a second person at 220 as well. I have the 3up and it gets a little squirly with that much weight but is plenty big enough for the 2 of us. In my opinion, it is plenty big enough for you. They also have a different seat you can get which is a little wider and more cushion than the standard stock 3up seat

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had a 15 year old, a 9 year old and one time two 9 year olds for a three seat trial. I am 165lbs

They all can be done. Just one 9 year old was a bit unstable at launch and very much so on turns. The 15 year old second seat made it roll on a tighter turn and dumped us both.

Also takes on water when standing still with passengers. Doesn't sink but is a bit unnerving for some until you get used to it.

There's no footwell drain so it will stay filled unless you raise the front a bit.

Fine for cruising but just have to be more careful with passengers if you don't want to get wet.
Wavewacker is correct. The 2up is really for 1 person and the 3up for 2. I'm about 220 and with a 140 lb passenger we can do 180's and jump waves but tight turns need to be full throttled out of or you can tip very easily. As for getting the water out of the footwells I put my trim all the way up and wheelie the water out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts