SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The manual is very specific in saying that you must clamp the water intake hose before towing. I cannot see how this can be done properly. It's next to impossible to reach in that it's about 15 inches in back of the left-hand opening. I did buy several different clamps and tried it out with a garden hose. There was still water intrusion on the hose. Can't see how this works. If the object is that No water gets through, even if I was able to install the clamp, which looks to be incredibly difficult , I can't see how it would totally stop the water from going back into the engine.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
I towed one of my sparks with the other one for 5 miles last week when the intake grate was disabled. Didn't really have any other choice. Put the new intake grate on today and took it for a test ride, no issues

·
Registered
9 Posts
you need to get a 1" shark bite brass ball valve from home depot. cut the line exactly where the arrow is pointing and install the shutoff valve.
i use mine as a dinghy and tow at 30knots. i use a 75' tow line and it works great. this keeps water from filling the cylinder head.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.