SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
you need to get a 1" shark bite brass ball valve from home depot. cut the line exactly where the arrow is pointing and install the shutoff valve.
i use mine as a dinghy and tow at 30knots. i use a 75' tow line and it works great. this keeps water from filling the cylinder head.
Picture's???

Yep, my phone sent this...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
you need to get a 1" shark bite brass ball valve from home depot. cut the line exactly where the arrow is pointing and install the shutoff valve.
i use mine as a dinghy and tow at 30knots. i use a 75' tow line and it works great. this keeps water from filling the cylinder head.
That is exactly my plan. I'm glad to see that someone has already done that. I wasn't sure the size of the hose. Need to know that so that I can get the properly sized ball valve. You save 1 inch shark bite brass ball valve from Home Depot. Does that mean that it is a 1 inch hose? And where you able to do this job without taking off the top center body?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fits onto a 1" hose so that the inside diameter is exactly the same and waterflow will not be restricted. I removed rear cover behind seat, loosened front hose clamp, pulled hose out from behind, installed valve, then shoved hose back through front behind, and finally reconnected hose up front. Make sense?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Can you use Shark Bite with a soft hose. I thought it was for hard plastic like
Pex. Would a barbed ball valve with hose clamps be a better choice?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Can you use Shark Bite with a soft hose. I thought it was for hard plastic like
Pex. Would a barbed ball valve with hose clamps be a better choice?
That is what I thought also. I would buy a pvc valve and put that in with hose barb fittings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
the shark bite brass ball vlave is not like the regular couplers. you need hose clamps. go to home depot and look at the 1" valve and you will immediately understand. way better than a PVC valve. especially if you are in salt.

·
Registered
184 Posts
the shark bite brass ball vlave is not like the regular couplers. you need hose clamps. go to home depot and look at the 1" valve and you will immediately understand. way better than a PVC valve. especially if you are in salt.
I have used the shark bite products. They are meant to be used with copper pipe and pex tubing. How does it work with the rubber hose? Did you leak test it?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Fits onto a 1" hose so that the inside diameter is exactly the same and waterflow will not be restricted. I removed rear cover behind seat, loosened front hose clamp, pulled hose out from behind, installed valve, then shoved hose back through front behind, and finally reconnected hose up front. Make sense?
Richie ,
Can you tell us more about opening the panel in back of the seat. What type and size driver did you use? What's the process straightforward? How do you keep the valve from smacking up against the engine? With so little room to work was it hard to get the hose clamp off the hose at the engine?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dude, like I said, it's different. It's shark bite brand, but not typical shark bite system. Or just buy a PVC. I'm just telling you the right way to do it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Make the cut almost exactly where the arrow is pointing in the pic. Re-zip tie to neighbor hose to keep from banging. Rear old is removed with torx socket. Once u get in there it is very straightforward. It is not difficult at all. Just splicing in the valve.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1" Sharkbite Brass Ball Valve easily found at Home Depot, don't know part #. Honestly, you guys are making this too difficult. It's a very easy job.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I bought both plastic and brass parts. I think it may be awfully heavy dangling on the hose with brass. I hope the intake pipe is 1 inch.

21 - 40 of 88 Posts